[RESOLVED] Can't move multiple selected objects with Arrow keys

• 28 February 2023
  • 33 replies

Userlevel 3

Yesterday I could move multiple selected objects with SHIFT + Arrow keys. Today I can’t. The objects are not locked. I can still move one object at a time with SHIFT + Arrow keys. What happened?

I’m using Chrome Version 110.0.5481.177 on Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1

Jo Anne Gail Van Sant 8 months ago

It’s fixed! 🙌

View original

33 replies

Userlevel 3

I also just noticed that simply using the arrow keys (without the SHIFT key) now scrolls the viewport rather than moving the selected objects. 😥

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Dan Defenbaugh - Not that I used Shift + arrows to move more than one object at a time, I am seeing the same results as you - latest Chrome 64-bit and Miro desktop app on Windows 11.

If you have a paid account, have you reported this to the Miro support team?

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

Userlevel 3

Thanks for confirming. I’ll try that.

Yup, same here. I tried restarting my computer, I tried both browser and miro app. I tried incognito mode. Nothing works. Hoping this bug gets resolved quickly. 

same here - it started yesterday night

if you select multiple objects - then the arrow keys move the board, but not the objects

and if you use SHIFT and the arrow keys, then nothing happens

Yesterday I could move multiple selected objects with SHIFT + Arrow keys. Today I can’t. The objects are not locked. I can still move one object at a time with SHIFT + Arrow keys. What happened?

I’m using Chrome Version 110.0.5481.177 on Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1

Same here, except on Miro MacOs app. 

Userlevel 1

Same here and I did use shift + Arrow keys a lot !

Experiencing this as well as of a few hours ago -- was working as expected earlier in the day but seems an update finally filtered down and now the described behavior no longer works. This is actually… really bad and a massive hit to workflow efficiency when you’re dealing with groups of objects (i.e. all the time).

Userlevel 3

FYI, I opened a help request and they are investigating. I also shared the link to this topic discussion. 🤞

Userlevel 1

I’m glad they are investigating! This regression already cost me a lot of pain!
@Dan Defenbaugh Thanks for opening the ticket and letting us know!! 

I too face the same problem and it is annoying.  I prefer to move the objects by arrow keys whether it is a single object or grouped objects.

The same issue here: arrow keys instead of moving grouped objects move the whole board. It’s supper annoying 😥 please help to fix it.

Userlevel 1

I just noticed that the issue has been fixed!!! 

Thank you, Miro team, for fixing this issue quickly!

Userlevel 3

Works for me again too. Thanks for posting.

Userlevel 1

Hi Guys,

I usually select a group of shapes/items and can use the arrow buttons to move them around the board. Now when I select the group, the arrows are literally scrolling rather than moving the objects. I thought I’d set scroll lock on by accident, but I haven’t. Any clues please?

Thank you!

Kat

Userlevel 3

This issue is back again.

Same issue here. It works when I select and move individual objects, but it doesn’t if multiple ones are selected.

Grouping multiple objects to trick the software into thinking it’s one also doesn’t work :D  

Experiencing exactly the same today. Yesterday I could still select multiple objects and move them on the board using the arrow keys. Today, it just scrolls the canvas.

Could be a bug? Found this thread about the same issue: https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/resolved-can-t-move-multiple-objects-with-shift-arrow-keys-12268

Userlevel 1

This is definitely back again. Hopefully it’ll be fixed soon as it’s super annoying!

Userlevel 1

Experiencing exactly the same today. Yesterday I could still select multiple objects and move them on the board using the arrow keys. Today, it just scrolls the canvas.

Could be a bug? Found this thread about the same issue: https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/resolved-can-t-move-multiple-objects-with-shift-arrow-keys-12268

Thank you - yep, definitely back again :-(

Yes, the issue is back. This is super annoying. I can understand if the bug happen once, but again? Miro is unusable now.

Same here. Very annoying. Shift + arrows does nothing for multiple shapes that are grouped together.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@KatApple / @Coba Lombard - I moved your comments here. I will open a support ticket and report back with what the support team tells me.

Support team: The bug is back (see GIF).

Expectation: Selection multiple objects and press arrow keys, the objects should move.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update from Miro Support:

Since we have been able to reproduce the issue on our end as well, we'll escalate the case internally. We will further investigate this case further and get back to you once there are any updates to share. Thank you for hanging in there with us, we'll be in touch as soon as we have more information! 

I am experiencing the same thing, starting yesterday, I think.