[RESOLVED] Can't move multiple selected objects with Arrow keys

• 28 February 2023
  • 33 replies

Userlevel 3

Yesterday I could move multiple selected objects with SHIFT + Arrow keys. Today I can’t. The objects are not locked. I can still move one object at a time with SHIFT + Arrow keys. What happened?

I’m using Chrome Version 110.0.5481.177 on Mac OS Ventura 13.2.1

Jo Anne Gail Van Sant 9 months ago

It’s fixed! 🙌

View original

33 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

It’s fixed! 🙌

@Jo Anne Gail Van Sant - Thanks for the update! It is working again for me too.

It’s fixed! 🙌

Same here. Please Get this fixed. This is essential UX..

-- Team VisualSitemaps

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Why doesn't it work anymore to move objects with the use of arrows?

I merged your post with this existing one. There is a currently a bug preventing the movement of multiple selected objects using the arrow keys. 

Why doesn't it work anymore to move objects with the use of arrows?

A workaround I’ve been using is to use a single object, e.g. a square, that still works with the SHIFT + Arrow keys and use that as a placeholder to line up groups of objects.

My co-workers do not have this issue happening to them though. So why does this issue affect some but not others?

+1 totally wrecked my workflow as we’re about to handover a huge piece of work which needs tidying up!

+1 from me. The issue is super disruptive and ruins my workflow.  

I am experiencing the same thing, starting yesterday, I think.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update from Miro Support:

Since we have been able to reproduce the issue on our end as well, we'll escalate the case internally. We will further investigate this case further and get back to you once there are any updates to share. Thank you for hanging in there with us, we'll be in touch as soon as we have more information! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@KatApple / @Coba Lombard - I moved your comments here. I will open a support ticket and report back with what the support team tells me.

Support team: The bug is back (see GIF).

Expectation: Selection multiple objects and press arrow keys, the objects should move.

Same here. Very annoying. Shift + arrows does nothing for multiple shapes that are grouped together.

Yes, the issue is back. This is super annoying. I can understand if the bug happen once, but again? Miro is unusable now.

Userlevel 1

Experiencing exactly the same today. Yesterday I could still select multiple objects and move them on the board using the arrow keys. Today, it just scrolls the canvas.

Could be a bug? Found this thread about the same issue: https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/resolved-can-t-move-multiple-objects-with-shift-arrow-keys-12268

Thank you - yep, definitely back again :-(

Userlevel 1

This is definitely back again. Hopefully it’ll be fixed soon as it’s super annoying!

Experiencing exactly the same today. Yesterday I could still select multiple objects and move them on the board using the arrow keys. Today, it just scrolls the canvas.

Could be a bug? Found this thread about the same issue: https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/resolved-can-t-move-multiple-objects-with-shift-arrow-keys-12268

Same issue here. It works when I select and move individual objects, but it doesn’t if multiple ones are selected.

Grouping multiple objects to trick the software into thinking it’s one also doesn’t work :D  

Userlevel 3

This issue is back again.

Userlevel 1

Hi Guys,

I usually select a group of shapes/items and can use the arrow buttons to move them around the board. Now when I select the group, the arrows are literally scrolling rather than moving the objects. I thought I’d set scroll lock on by accident, but I haven’t. Any clues please?

Thank you!

Kat

Userlevel 3

Works for me again too. Thanks for posting.

Userlevel 1

I just noticed that the issue has been fixed!!! 

Thank you, Miro team, for fixing this issue quickly!

The same issue here: arrow keys instead of moving grouped objects move the whole board. It’s supper annoying 😥 please help to fix it.

I too face the same problem and it is annoying.  I prefer to move the objects by arrow keys whether it is a single object or grouped objects.

Userlevel 1

I’m glad they are investigating! This regression already cost me a lot of pain!
@Dan Defenbaugh Thanks for opening the ticket and letting us know!! 

Userlevel 3

FYI, I opened a help request and they are investigating. I also shared the link to this topic discussion. 🤞