[RESOLVED] Cannot resize some objects

Show first post

61 replies

Had this issue, switched browsers from Chrome to Edge and now it is fine. Would rather use my default browser but it’s a good work around if you need miro access now

I switched the other way from Edge to Chrome - same issue on both browsers :(

Where can I send my therapy bill because now I can’t achieve pixel perfection of spatial spacing, and my world is melting, shriveling, as one box is not like the other and it should be, and it hurts. I can’t go on like this, not unless the next box I spawn is not like that other that I also can’t create because it can’t match the box in my mind

and now I’ll dream of boxes that I can’t reshape

please help me

the end is nigh

(Ok, but seriously hope this gets fixed soon, and this made you smile, good luck :D !)

UPDATE: I noted in my original post that making a copy of the board seemed to resolve the issue for me.  Low and behold, it happed to the copy too.  Made a copy again and resolved again, until it happened AGAIN.

Then I discovered a hard refresh would resolve the issue (CTRL-F5 in chrome).  Still annoying but I don’t mind that workaround so much.

Really frustrating. I am about to go into a presentation and cannot resize some new added elements!!! :(

Ah! Same issue. I did have luck using Edge.

Hey everyone. I figured out that if you select multiple objects then you can resize them as a group. 

Note a perfect solution but better than not being able to resize at all.

Hello, I have the same problem!! 
Please fix ASAP 

A hard refresh solved it for me.
command + option + R (Safari on Mac)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

While we wait for an official fix for the issue, a few things that may help:

1. Refresh/reload the browser page to reload the Miro board. I have been finding that when I first laid a board, I can't resize objects, but after I reload the board, the resizing options come back.

2. Try the Miro desktop app. While I still prefer a browser, I haven't experienced the resizing issue in the desktop app (on Windows 11).

A few notes about the desktop app:

- while I'm not an Admin on my Windows machine, I can still install it (but be mindful of any corporate policies you are to ahere to).

- The Microsoft Store version has a few limitations over the standard Windows download version (see them listed here).

- Reloading a tab / getting a link to the board - because there is no toolbar or address bar, you'll need to use shortcuts:

Reload tab: Ctrl/Cmd-R

Copy board link to clipboard: Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-L

Some more shortcuts here.

--

I hope this helps!

As mentioned earlier, the workaround for now seems to be to work in a different browser (edge in lieu of chrome). Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

I was having issues as well and updated Chrome.  It seems to be working properly for me and I’m able to scale and crop my images. 

Userlevel 2

Hi there! 

Great news! The issue reported here has been successfully resolved. We entirely understand how important this feature is for you and your team, so we'd like to thank you for your patience in this matter! :) 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for the update, @Maria Gonzalez!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

As a reminder, you my need to log out/back in, and even clear your browser cache to pick up the changes.

Userlevel 2
Badge

Bug is away now on my board!

I ran into this also, however I noticed that UBlock was catching an exceptionally high number of items.  Disabling this on Miro brought back the resize option.

When can we expect this bug to be fixed as it is holding up important work that i rely on miro for. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@

When can we expect this bug to be fixed as it is holding up important work that i rely on miro for. 

@Jasmin Martinez - If you look up a few replies before yours, a bug fix was released.

As a reminder, you my need to log out/back in, and even clear your browser cache to pick up the changes.

If you still cannot resize objects, and you have a paid Miro subscription, you can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

The issue is still there

Also I have the issue that the elements on the board get connected to the frames kind of randomly. Especially when you lay one frame within another. Can somebody advise something about that?

Looks like this is an update but now when I create a note, a shape or similar, I cannot expand the size of it by pulling the boarders. Now there are one dot in each side and that just created a new shape with an arrow instead. I tried all the regular ways and still can’t find a solution. 

With an arrow
Even without an arrow
Same with a note

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jade Arana - I moved your recent post to this existing post. This issue should have been resolved, but perhaps it has come back.

Do you have a paid subscription? If do, you can open a Miro support ticket by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

I am also currently having this same issue (4/05/23 - 2:30 pm CST).  Any update?

Same here

Liebe Community,ich habe ein Board,

bei dem ich plötzlich keinen Rahmen mehr in der Größe ändern kann. Auch wenn sie freigeschaltet sind. Hast du eine Idee, warum?

Bester
Ravid

Ich habe das gleiche Problem.

Hi,

since this afternoon I suddenly can’t resize frames anymore and this generates a lot of unwelcome extra work :| 

Best regards, Alex