[RESOLVED] Cannot resize some objects

Show first post

61 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update:

• Miro support reached out to me to share an example with them.
  • I shared a board with them where they could reproduce it once, in Safari, but not again.
  • After they kept asking me for logs, clearing caches, etc., I advised that it was happening for me on multiple computers, on all browsers, and let the ball in their court.
  • I also reiterated there were several users reporting the issue in this forum.

I will keep you updated as I hear back.

@Marianne - I ran into this yesterday with a frame with around 56 objects. When I click and drag around the whole frame, try to resize, and this weird “snapping back to original size” issue happens, Shapes are no longer selected when I click-and-drag around a frame of objects. Short of removing all of the shapes from a frame, resizing the shapes and frame on their own, and then bringing the content all back together, I am stuck too ☹️

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update from Miro support [RESOLVED]:

Great news - the team released a fix for the issue with scaling objects and frames. I just tested it on the board you shared with us, and I could no longer replicate the issue.

Could you please try again and see how it goes on your side? You might need to log out of Miro and log back in to ensure you're working on the latest version.

I have tested on a few boards where I was unable to resize frames (and all objects inside) and it is working as expected.

I will mark this post as resolved, but if you have cleared your cache and signed out and back into your account, and are still experiencing the issue, please reply to this post.

I am also currently having this same issue (4/05/23 - 2:30 pm CST).  Any update?

Still waiting for an update from Miro support team. For me, this seems to happen when I first load the board, but the issue goes away if I refresh/reload the page.

Ok, thanks.  Yes, I’ve tried closing out of the board, refreshing, etc. and still can’t resize the frame, text boxes, sticky notes, etc.

Same issue. I have been trying to fix it for an hour. It went well when I started this platform yesterday but now I have no idea what I did wrong or not. I can’t adjust any text box, stick, and etc. I am waiting to finish work.. any suggestion? Thank you.

Userlevel 1

Thanks @Robert Johnson - also now confirmed to be impacting other team members too.  I look forward to your updates :-)

Cannot resize anything - very inconvenient 

Please address this as soon as possible as we are on a deadline 

Same, makes it difficult to collaborate / iterate without creating new objects which is a big pain

I am also currently having this same issue (4/05/23 - 2:30 pm CST).  Any update?

Same here

I also have this problem - working in other users boards - not working in mine.

Same problem here

Oh I’m glad I came here! I thought I must have pressed something! Hope it’s resolved soon as it is a PAIN!

Had this issue, switched browsers from Chrome to Edge and now it is fine. Would rather use my default browser but it’s a good work around if you need miro access now

Glad to see someone is working on this.

I’m seeing it sporadically on some boards, but not others.

https://ibb.co/VxFb73q 
https://ibb.co/VT8qxPf 

Hopefully resolved soon.  :-)

Had this issue, switched browsers from Chrome to Edge and now it is fine. Would rather use my default browser but it’s a good work around if you need miro access now

I switched the other way from Edge to Chrome - same issue on both browsers :(

Really frustrating. I am about to go into a presentation and cannot resize some new added elements!!! :(

Ah! Same issue. I did have luck using Edge.

Hello, I have the same problem!! 
Please fix ASAP 

A hard refresh solved it for me.
command + option + R (Safari on Mac)

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

While we wait for an official fix for the issue, a few things that may help:

1. Refresh/reload the browser page to reload the Miro board. I have been finding that when I first laid a board, I can't resize objects, but after I reload the board, the resizing options come back.

2. Try the Miro desktop app. While I still prefer a browser, I haven't experienced the resizing issue in the desktop app (on Windows 11).

A few notes about the desktop app:

- while I'm not an Admin on my Windows machine, I can still install it (but be mindful of any corporate policies you are to ahere to).

- The Microsoft Store version has a few limitations over the standard Windows download version (see them listed here).

- Reloading a tab / getting a link to the board - because there is no toolbar or address bar, you'll need to use shortcuts:

Reload tab: Ctrl/Cmd-R

Copy board link to clipboard: Ctrl/Cmd-Shift-L

Some more shortcuts here.

--

I hope this helps!

As mentioned earlier, the workaround for now seems to be to work in a different browser (edge in lieu of chrome). Hopefully this gets resolved soon.

Liebe Community,ich habe ein Board,

bei dem ich plötzlich keinen Rahmen mehr in der Größe ändern kann. Auch wenn sie freigeschaltet sind. Hast du eine Idee, warum?

Bester
Ravid

Ich habe das gleiche Problem.

I was having issues as well and updated Chrome.  It seems to be working properly for me and I’m able to scale and crop my images. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for the update, @Maria Gonzalez!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

As a reminder, you my need to log out/back in, and even clear your browser cache to pick up the changes.

When can we expect this bug to be fixed as it is holding up important work that i rely on miro for.