On hover action, button to move some object into focus

• 24 July 2022
  • 1 reply

Hello everyone! I have a map in mind, but it must have a lot of connections which would cross at some point, and seeing them all at once will make the map unreadable.

Is there a way in Miro to have some invisible object (for example a line connection) and make it visible if a mouse hovers over the other object (for example a sticky or a shape from which the connection originates) ?

Also, is there a way to have a button or an object which acts like one. When someone clicks on it, his view moves to some other object. I know about the “link” tool, but the link only ads a little square which a user must click, it does not work for the whole object.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +1

Hi @mildfire!

I’m afraid there’re no such functionalities yet. 

As a workaround for the first case, you may use the dotted connection line tool. However, there isn’t a way to change the appearance of objects when hovered over/clicked.

As for linking, the only ways are indeed:

1. adding this little arrow icon that when clicked will lead to a linked object;
  1. making the text itself a hyperlink.

Can you please head over to the Wish List section of our Community and submit your idea about interactive objects on Miro boards (changing their appearance on hover/click)? The second idea (making an entire Miro object a clickable link) has already been posted so please feel free to upvote for it here.

Thanks for making Miro better! ✨