deleted tag removed from all sticky notes

• 23 March 2021
  • 2 replies

We recently had a user (user unknown) who deleted a tag that was used on many sticky notes on a particular board. I looked through the activity log and it appears that tag creation/deletion is not tracked or available for restoration.

In messing with the issue and trying to find a way to bring back the tags, I did note that there is already a helpful message notifying you that when you delete a tag, it is deleted from all notes, and offers an ‘undo’ option that’s available for… a few seconds. But it seems that once that message disappears, the tags are also gone forever.

Any chance that our deleted tag is still recoverable after approximately a few days, or that tag deletion can be added as a restorable option in the activity log?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Bill W - Based upon this scenario, I have suggested to Miro by means of this reply that they consider making a change/improvement to help avoid your situation in the future, e.g., add tags to the content recovery feature or perhaps a confirmation to delete a tag rather than a timed-out “undo”.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thank you @Bill W – I passed your feedback to the product team!