We need a really good facilitator/participant permissions tool

Show first post

29 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @Francis Jee I am very interesting to get your feedback on this Onboarding Video that our team has created: 

Hi @Kate Ivanova , that is a great little video! I like the following:

1. at just 3 minutes, this would be something I could use for most of my entry level with no experience on MIro.
  2. The pace is just right. Not too fast, not too slow.
  3. Zooming in on a new button is very helpful for identifying where a button/function can be found (eg 3 dots, and undo).
  4. Showing the visual of the key when you mention them is also very helpful.

#3 & #4 above is especially important to individuals who may be slower at scanning the screen to identify the item mentioned - for example some older  individuals who may not have spent much time on user-interfaces like Miro, or those who are self-conscious or lack confidence especially when they are virtually surrounded by other participants and start to experience brain-freeze. So happy you did these small touches.

Suggestions to make this video even better:

1. When you first talk about settings at 0:15, can you also zoom in the button so viewers can identify the location easily? It is the first time a function located on the board is mentioned.
  2. When describing an action, can the voice pause for 1 second before executing to allow the new viewers eyes to switch to the location of the ‘laser pointer’. BTW, could we have a bright green or red laser please? Maybe flash or blink to indicate a click just before the action takes place?
  3. When the scroll wheel is mentioned, can we also have an image just like the keys when they are mentioned?
  4. Not sure if the undo shortcut key is necessary. Keep it simple and just use the undo button at the top? Those who know Ctrl-Z would automatically try it anyway.
  5. Talking about adding images, is there a way to also talk about adding images from your computer. I often run ice-breakers where I ask participants to add images of themselves to a map of the world to indicate where they come from. Then also use the arrow to point to a location. People love to see faces of other participants, especially from their home town or country.

6. Maybe invite them to explore the add icons on their own as a teaser. Many users love icons, even more than google images. It reminds them of stickers.

OK, that’s my 2-cents worth of observations and thoughts. I hope you find them helpful.

Warm regards,

Francis

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kate Ivanova This video will be super helpful and I can’t wait to be able to share a link to it once it’s on Miro Academy.

I second @Francis Jee’s comment re showing how to upload a picture the user’s computer - perhaps even a quick plug of ‘you can upload a picture from your phone using the Miro smartphone app’.

Further to Francis’ comment of showing the scroll wheel of a mouse when you talk about zooming in/out, I would like to see a web cam on the user’s keyboard/mouse/track pad in a small video bubble in the corner of the screen to demonstrate exactly what they are doing as they interact with the board - pinch-to-zoom, scroll-to-zoom, Shift + click to select multiple objects, etc.

The point/tip I like the best: Suggesting that user’s set their navigation to Mouse vs. Trackpad or Touchscreen.

I’m looking forward to seeing this live in the Academy!

Userlevel 4

Hey @Francis Jee I am very interesting to get your feedback on this Onboarding Video that our team has created: 

@Kate Ivanova this onboarding video is great! Is there a version I can embed in a board to try out with my participants this week?

Userlevel 4

@Alan Heckman sure, you can use it and embed in  your board!