Customize toolbar for anonymous guest editors

Good evening, I'm starting to use Miro to conduct focus groups with consumers. My problem is that many people are not very technological, and they risk getting lost or not understanding which tools to use. I would like to be able to customize the tools that guest editors can view and use, in order to make them find, at their access, only what is really needed to do the job (sticky notes, the ability to upload images, the search for icons , the text tool may already be sufficient). Is it a feature that could be developed for the future? Thanks.

Roberta

I am considering Miro for similar purposes and limiting guest tools would be great. I often conduct short (2-3 hour) groups with people I may never talk to again using Miro and I don’t want to have to spend much of that precious time teaching the group to use the platform or troubleshooting.

I like this request for the exact reasons you mention. Even when I’m going to be working with a group over the course of a few days, it’s rare we’d need all of the tools. Setting a subset for guest editors would be fantastic, along with the other “facilitator/participant” features I’ve requested elsewhere on this board.

I am considering Miro for similar purposes and limiting guest tools would be great. I often conduct short (2-3 hour) groups with people I may never talk to again using Miro and I don’t want to have to spend much of that precious time teaching the group to use the platform or troubleshooting.

I think exactly the same Jennifer. I often have groups with “low-tech” people (I work with consumers, quite often quite old) and the “training session” about how to use Miro can be long and quite scaring for them. They’d feel reassured and go ready to go having just the few tools they’re going to use

I like this request for the exact reasons you mention. Even when I’m going to be working with a group over the course of a few days, it’s rare we’d need all of the tools. Setting a subset for guest editors would be fantastic, along with the other “facilitator/participant” features I’ve requested elsewhere on this board.

For my purposes, if guest could use just post it, image search and text would be enough. I run brainstorming with consumers in qualitative market research domain, and these tools are effective enough to run a good session. Moreover, my respondents are often not so digitalized, and having this huge amount of tools on their board couold be scaring for them :)

I agree

Limit 1st timers and casual users to just adding a stickie and connectors - for example

I’d also expand that to wider enable/ disable options - eg restrict delete to own stickies and move to within the containing frame so other group members can’t delete them from a discussion’s scope in either way

Anonymous users already have a much smaller tool set - try it out by opening your shared board in an incognito window. Usually I just tell people to stick with the select too and stickies and that works quite well and they are right next to each other. I usually get them to stay away from the text tool or any other shapes as they seem to really struggle with those at times. 

It would be good if the board not only remembered that I removed or re-arranged some tools as a board owner but also applied this to guests as well somehow. 

Another vote for this very necessary feature.

Anonymous users already have a much smaller tool set

It’s true, but each time I work with large groups (during citizen consultations, for example), people keep drawing squares, text or shapes instead of sticky notes. I usually create a small “sticky notes pile” so they dont have to use the toolbar altogether, but having the option to limit the number of tools they can use would be incredibly useful.

@Thinkqualitative - Added my vote. Please consider adding yours to my idea which expands on this idea to be able to customize more board defaults, e.g., grids ON or OFF, which toolbars are expanded or collapsed - and let’s get rid of the Miro ads/multiple sign up links.

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/configure-board-defaults-and-remove-ads-2675

This would be an excellent feature. Would simplify onboarding for those who struggle with or are not confident with technology use and allow a quicker focus on the work to be done

@Scott Champion - This can somewhat be accomplished now using the Activities feature in Interactive Presentation Mode: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/8512850754962-Interactive-Presentation-Mode#Activity_apps