Answered

Spell Check Correct with right-click on desktop

• 3 April 2021
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 1

So, not sure if others are having a similar issue, but on the desktop app, it will identify a spelling error but not le me right click and select the correct spelling from a contextual menu, like I can on the browser version.

Is anyone else noticing this? Is it a a bug or something that was just missed?

Thank you in advance!

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 4 April 2021, 00:17

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@thatVargas - The desktop app’s spell check feature currently only highlights misspelled words, but it is in Miro’s backlog to add “suggestions”.

Some posts from a search of “spell check”:

Userlevel 1

Ah. Ok. Thank you!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@thatVargas - Holy shirtballs! I was just working in the Miro desktop app (Windows 64-bit, v0.5.2) and when I right-clicked on a word that spell check highlighted as being misspelled a list of suggestions appeared!

Userlevel 1

@Robert Johnson Righteous! I’ll have to see if I feel the love on my Mac desktop app. 😉

Userlevel 1

@Robert Johnson Oh SNAP! It works… in English. Yay! This is helpful.

Now, it would be also helpful if I could get it to work with French, since I use Miro in English and French.

The web version does the suggestions in French, but that may be tied to the fact that I have multiple languages enabled in MacOS so that it will know the difference if I’m writing in English, French or Spanish.

So, I am happy with the English, and look forward to finding out if additional languages are in the feature roadmap. :relaxed: