[RESOLVED BUG] How to change the Preview of a Custom Template

How can I update the preview area of a template? 

Robert Johnson 1 year ago

Update #3 (RESOLVED):

It's been a while since you reported the issue to us. We have improved Miro since that time and would like to make sure that everything works great on your end now.

Could you please let me know if you can access the preview menu function and if the Done and Cancel buttons are now responsive? Your feedback would be much appreciated!

I have tested and it is working as expected.

View original

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Amir Ansari - According to the Custom Templates help center article, you would open the template in edit mode, click on the title, and then Select preview area:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360019018899-Custom-templates

Currently this feature isn’t working as promised.

Finishing via the “Done” button at the bottom follows no reaction at all.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ACM - I deleted my previous reply and I was updating the preview of a board, not a template.

There are two things broken for me:

1. From the Custom Templates, I cannot access the ellipsis menu - the dots do not respond to my clicks:
  2. Once I click on Preview and then Edit, and then click on the board title and then Edit previous area, the Done and Cancel buttons are unresponsive:

I will submit a support ticket and respond back with what the support team tells me.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update #1 from Miro support:

We were able to reproduce the same behavior. We have passed your case along to the Technical Support Engineers — rest assured they will now investigate this further and get back to you with updates as soon as they can. Please bear with us!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update #2 from Miro support:

Piggybacking off my colleague. Yadira's, response I was able to successfully reproduce the issue of the Done and Cancel buttons being unresponsive when attempting to set the area of the template to be the preview. On the other hand, I myself was not able to re-create the unresponsive ellipsis menu portion of the issue. 
However, please have no worries, I have gone ahead and created a request for my project team to have a further look into the issue. 

Please bear with us as they begin their investigation! I will be sure to follow up once any updates have been made to the case. We appreciate your patience! 

I have the same issue. Is there a way to track when this issue gets resolved? I’m in charge of creating templates for our team so I’m hoping this can get resolved soon? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@JWD - I will update this post with the support teams replies to me, which will involve a reply once the issue has been resolved.

While you wait, you may want to have a read of this post and consider the option of using boards instead of Custom Templates:

https://community.miro.com/inspiration-and-connection-67/sharing-a-board-with-any-miro-user-bonus-boards-vs-custom-templates-7807

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Update #3 (RESOLVED):

It's been a while since you reported the issue to us. We have improved Miro since that time and would like to make sure that everything works great on your end now.

Could you please let me know if you can access the preview menu function and if the Done and Cancel buttons are now responsive? Your feedback would be much appreciated!

I have tested and it is working as expected.

@Robert Johnson I encountered the same issue on my end and there is still a bug in the template preview. The selected preview area is not applied here as demonstrated in Amir Ansari’s original post.

Thank you for your support.

How can I update the preview area of a template? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Daniel Neumann - I would suggest that you open a Miro support ticket by following these steps: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C