Answered

Possible to working with multiple teams - teams and consultant licenses?

• 18 May 2020
  • 3 replies

1. Looking for the ability to work on more than one team, without having to buy more than one license (or at least not more than 1 team and 1 consultant license), or to have a multi-team license or something.
    1. I have a team license with a small group that I frequently work with. However, I work with a number of other people on someone regular basis as well. I don’t want to have 5 Miro Team accounts and these people are all working independently of each other, so trying to manage the payments as a group does not make sense. And each other person has a team account or consultant account already. 
    2. Thought we could use the consultant version of Miro, and figured I might have to buy that in addition to the teams one, but it appears that will not work either, since it looks like I would have to pay for the consultant version, then have to add each other person on as a team member and pay for them. I don’t see a way to add a person who HAS an existing consultant license onto a team (under my teams account or under a consultant account). Is this possible ? It looks like I need to specify the team size up front and just keep paying. I would end up with 1 teams license and 5 consultant licenses… and I get that I am paying for some of the infrastructure, but I am still only 1 person who can only use 1 at a time. So I’d even be fine paying more to have a “multi-team license” or something, but 6 accounts seems nuts. Am I missing something?
  2.  Adding to this, I also work with multiple clients, and while the editor option (unsecure) works for 1 time or very short term things, it is not a decent mid-long term option. Day passes also don’t make a ton of sense, since it turns into a lot of admin overhead.  Ideally, if I had the consultant license, I could just add a team for each client, as long as they had a free miro account. Then I would get charged either some flat fee (for up to x users a month) or some fee based on actual usage.  Every day varies. I might have 20 in a class for 2 days in a row, then 30 days from now do a followup and have 15 of them back on the same board. Then have 5 from one client who are working on a board a few hours a day over 2 weeks… does it really make sense to buy 10 day passes for people who are working on something for 10 hours total? That is a lot of admin.

Curious if, I am missing something and there are other options and if others have some of the same challenges?

I am posting these as questions, but I can change them to ideas for changes.

Thanks, jake

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 18 May 2020, 21:54

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jake Calabrese -

@mlanders provided a method of being able to access shared boards from a Miro domain/account different than your own which would help with #1.2 where you want folks with existing Miro accounts in different companies to collaborate with you:  https://community.miro.com/got-a-question-ask-the-community-45/how-to-copy-content-from-a-free-acount-to-the-company-account-whiteboard-282

For #2, we are using a normal full account and just switch the “named” human that it is pointing to for our courses from one 1-3 days course to the next. You would subscribe on a monthly basis up to the number of peak concurrent daily users, but if the next month you don’t need that many, you could cancel those. We found that approach worked out cheaper than daily passes.

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale Thanks. Ya the first link is just copying boards. That is easy enough. But I’d like to do it in a secure way and have a ‘team’ of consultants (probably a better way to put it.  I know I can share unsecured boards and also just keep copying and pasting boards all over the place. So copying them to me is not really the same, since we are collaborating on them.  I can just open every board on my teams account to edit access to anyone and do it that way. Just seems like a bad idea given what has happened on other platforms recently.

I had looked at a few of those. I have some classes that it would work for, but for the coaching and longer term clients where they just use it here and there.  1 hour one day, a week later 3 hours… it would just be nice to have an easier model. Always ways to work around it of course, just be nice to have some easier options.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jake Calabrese -

Actually, the benefit of Michael’s technique is that someone with a different Miro domain can access a team and boards belonging to your Miro domain. Take a look at my screenshot below. The “A” team with the one board belongs to a different user’s domain (a free account) whereas the rest of the teams are from my company’s account. 

Kiron