Guests & Activities

• 11 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Is there a way to run a collaborative session using Activities with participants that can only use creation tools that I have specifically allowed? I made some tests, inviting guests that can only view or comment, and they don’t have access to creation tools from Activities. And this makes sense. But if I invite guests that can edit, they can obviously use any kind of tool, not only those allowed for Activities.

I would like — if possibile — to take advantage of Activities to run a collaborative session, but with people (guests, visitors?) that can't mess things up while being able to use Activities creation tools 😁

It’s obviously me, and I’m probably missing something 😕

I’m currently on a Consultant plan because I need to better understand if I need a Business or a Started plan. Could be the Consultant plan the reason why I can’t do what I need in this case?

Thanks!

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@ilpiac - This is currently not possible, however, I like where you’re going with this idea.

I would like — if possibile — to take advantage of Activities to run a collaborative session, but with people (guests, visitors?) that can't mess things up while being able to use Activities creation tools 😁

One solution to this problem could be a new board-level user role called “Contributor”, where this type of role could only modify the content they add. I created a Wish List post for this feature a short while back. Please upvote if you think this role could be useful → https://community.miro.com/ideas/new-board-level-role-contributor-10814

--

However, if you feel that idea doesn’t truly reflect what you are looking to accomplish, I’d recommend adding this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. Or, I could just move this post to the Wish List category -- you would just need to give me a new title for the post, e.g., “Participants can only edit when in active Activities session”.

If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.

@Robert Johnson thanks! I like your idea of a Contributor role. Just upvoted it. It would perfectly work in this case too.