Editing without registration

• 7 November 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi,

is it possible that I provide a link so that guest can join an also Edit?

I know how to provide a link so that everybody can edit but each person has to registrate before. I need a solution that joining/editing is possible as guest… Is this possible?

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@DanielSchowi - At a high level, the types of users are:

• Team members
  • Visitors 
  • Guests

You can read more about this in the Visitors, guests and members help center article.

If you are on a Free Plan, then only team members can edit boards – the Visitors feature only supports viewers and commenters.

If you are using the Education or Starter Plan, then the full Visitors feature is available, but the Guests feature is not.

If you are on the Business or Enterprise Plan, the Guests feature is available (as well as the Visitors feature).

Here is the visitors feature:

Guests

When the Guests feature is available, you enter the registered user’s email address here:

And then you see this message (as opposed to being asked to invite them as a full team member):

Dear Robert,

thank you for the quick reply.

One more question: can I transfer the board with all the rights if my visitor also creates a starter-account? He just wants to make print outs from the board.

Or is there a better way to allow that?

with kind regards,
Frank

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Dear Robert,

thank you for the quick reply.

One more question: can I transfer the board with all the rights if my visitor also creates a starter-account? He just wants to make print outs from the board.

Or is there a better way to allow that?

with kind regards,
Frank

You can only transfer ownership of a board to team members. However, it sounds like you really just want to give a copy of your board to someone else. Your visitor does not need to have a paid subscription in order to make a copy of your board, however, if they want to export the board in it’s highest quality for printing, they would need a paid subscription. However… since you have a paid plan, you would export the board to PDF for them.

If they have a paid plan, you could export a board backup and send it to them.

Rather than go into all of the options here, please have a look at this post as it talks about – what is probably the simplest option of – how to set the board so that anyone view it, i.e., no edit access, and then make a copy of the board to their own account:

https://community.miro.com/inspiration-and-connection-67/sharing-a-board-with-any-miro-user-bonus-boards-vs-custom-templates-7807