Decision tree connecting line colours

• 21 December 2022
  • 2 replies

I have created my first decision tree, and worked out how to set the colours of the connecting lines, but when I change the colour of a line, all the lines connecting subsequent items change to the same colour, which seems completely the wrong thing to do, since they still represent yes or no outcomes of those later decisions.

How do I change the colour of the line leading to an item without it changing all the subsequent lines in the diagram?

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Erik Foxcroft -

Unfortunately, this is a limitation of the mindmap object which is used for the decision tree template. When a parent node’s color is changed, that change ripples down to all child nodes and branches. As such, the only workaround is to then go child by child and reset their colors.

I did a quick search and couldn’t find a wish list idea related to this behavior so you may wish to add one following the guidelines here such as the ability to customize the color change so it affects only the node or the node and all of its children: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know 🌠 | Miro

Kiron

https://community.miro.com/ideas/decision-tree-connecting-line-colour-change-to-only-affect-that-node-10864