Low Effort / High Value Quick Win: Warn user when they are about to edit or delete a tag as it affects the entire organization

Spinning this idea out from this post into its own post here.

Our organization has been having a consistent issue with tags being accidentally edited or deleted.  When this occurs, the tag is edited/deleted from all cards that were using it and it’s been apparently very difficult or even impossible to find these deletions in the activity log and revert them.  Please at least add some sort of popup warning for the user that they are about to edit or delete the tag when what they intended to do was just remove the tag from a card (the existing warning after the action has occurred is easily missed).

and it’s been apparently very difficult or even impossible to find these deletions in the activity log and revert them.

Actually they don’t show up at all in the activity log.
I’ll acknowledge this warning already exists, but it’s easy to miss as it appears at the top of the screen, and doesn’t stick around very long.

Existing Warning message

Something that shows before the action is taken is what this post is referring to. Here is an example:

Mockup Solution

Ability to recover deleted tag’s would also be great

I would even go so far as to suggest tags being converted to “real” entities, with its own little database inside a board. I.e, turning tags into adequate objects that could be managed standalone from the objects they're added to.