Lock element in place but be able to edit what is inside

I would like to be able to lock an element so that it does not get dragged acidentally to another position but then be able to double/tripple click to change the content inside. Example is a shape contaning text in a template. It is too easy to move the object while I simply want to edit the content. Perhaps a lock position as well as a lock for lock for content 

Enable a board owner to select which attributes of an object could be locked and which would remain editable. Particularly for locking the position of an object like a sticky note or text field but not locking the ability to edit the text on those fields so that users can edit the context but not the position.

We absolutely need this for using Miro with workshop boards. I cannot tell you how many times we’ve set up editable objects for workshop participants only to have them get accidentally resized, moved, or deleted. We spend far too much time both inside and outside our client workshops fixing stuff like this. Selective Locking would be great. Please prioritize this feature

Yes, please! Our team needs to be able to lock shapes or stickys in place and still edit the text. I cannot tell you how often every thing gets accidently moved around when we’re working in large groups  

Agreed - this would be a great feature not only for our facilitation team but also for ease of use of participants.

This would be great.  I often have the issue where people inadvertently move a sticky note around causing some voting region and other challenges.  This has really hurt my team’s use of the tool. 

Totally agree: that missing feature costs a lot of acceptance for the tool!

use it a lot with customers/participants, and they unfortunately spend to much time with fumbling around!

thanks in advance

hans

I think this is the same as https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/lock-element-in-place-but-be-able-to-edit-what-is-inside-1711, and I hope Miro realizes that there are more users asking for it.

There are also  threads in the community lamenting this missing functionality. 

We’ve only begun using Miro recently and this immediately became an issue for us. 

Additionally - I would like to see Miro allow board owners to create groups of users on their boards. Then allow them to be selectively lock frames.

Current Problem: People in Break Out Room A move or disrupt another Break Out Room B’s work. Break Out Room B can’t communicate with them to put back items or to undo what they did.
Solution: Group based selective locking. Break Out Room A has a frame around their work. Only them and the board owner may edit what’s in the frame. 

Yes please!!!

Enable a board owner to select which attributes of an object could be locked and which would remain editable. Particularly for locking the position of an object like a sticky note or text field but not locking the ability to edit the text on those fields so that users can edit the context but not the position.

Yes.

Especially tables.

Are there any updates on this? I came here looking for this same thing!

@Miro Community Team 

Pretty please???? 😊😊😊😊😊😊😊😊

See also

https://community.miro.com/ideas/allow-cards-to-lock-and-still-be-edited-4009

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/how-to-lock-the-position-of-an-element-but-still-allow-people-to-edit-content-780?tid=780&fid=45

(And many more)

I often share boards/templates which I want users to be able to use as a type of form. This means I want them to be able to edit the content of shapes without being able to move or resize them

The ‘best’ answer from the support center and the community is to unlock, edit and relock, which is not a solution, as it won't stop anyone from moving or resizing a shape once it's unlocked.

The latest case I have at hand: I want people to be able to toggle check boxes without moving or resizing them. But I've had the same problem with other shapes as well.

This seems such an obvious functionality that I can't believe the Miro team haven't thought of it themselves - and implemented it in the years since this idea has been posted