Ability to group objects to mind map nodes

I would love the ability to group things to mind map nodes.

I have a giant tree of ideas, and if I could attach photos to the leaf nodes it would make it much more accessible. I can add photos and stickies now, but of course they remain in place when I move the node they are describing.

I wouldn’t need the mind-map code to organize its spacing based on grouped items, I can do that myself, but just having the ability to attach items to a mind-map node would open up a whole new way of using the feature.

for your consideration,

Thanks !

Patrick

Hello,

it should be possible that I can add a graphic to a branch and group it with the branch - so it could moved around and stays on this branch:

Michael

Yes, I need this too. 🙂 I’m new to Miro and making some planning with mind maps. I just spent lots of time to figure out how to group mind map branches content… The only answer was here 😃 Thank you and hopefully this feature is added soon. Great app!

-Marko

Hi, is very important for us in our mind map strategy to be able to group mind map nodes to objects like arrows and sticky notes because every time we add a node (idea, project, etc.) to our mind map strategy, we loose track (connection) with the node to the comment in the arrow+sticky note.

Please try to add it asap.

Thank you very much.

Roberto

This is definitely needed.  Please consider implementing this.

Please, please PLEASE add this!  Our Mindmaps get very large and complex and we need the ability to group mindmap nodes with other objects like shapes, images, and cards.

Are there any updates on when/if this feature of grouping objects and mind map nodes? 
We’ve just created a big mindmap and now I’ll have to recreate it with sticky notes so we can group comments and symbols to it and the connection doesn’t get lost...

@Christina H :

Generell kannst Du Dich hier leider daran gewöhnen keine offizielle Antwort von Miro zu bekommen.

Bisher gab es für MindMaps nur ein einziges offizielles Votum was die zusammenklappbaren Zweige angeht und das ist fast zwei Jahre her ...:

https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/collapsible-branches-on-the-mind-maps-171

Ich wünschte Miro würde antworten … ich wünschte … bin aber nur lange genug hier gewesen, dass ich weiß … wenn sie nicht antworten, wird auch nicht dran gearbeitet …

Ich antworte auch mittlerweile bei Deutschen Nutzern in Deutsch, da es sowieso keinen bei Miro interessiert, was Du hier wünscht … Ich war hier sehr lange Power User aber mittlerweile habe ich das System gewechselt … zum MindMappen empfehle ich sowieso eine andere Lösung und nicht Miro …

Du schreibst auch kein Serienbrief mit WordPad sondern nutzt Word ...

Viel Spaß mit Miro weiterhin.

Michael

I also need this feature.  This seems like a pretty basic feature for a program of this type.  I started using mind maps assuming that we could attach other objects to mind map nodes only to discover that this is impossible.

This is the one of most basic feature a mind map should have.

I look into this when I create mind map in miro at the first time !

What everybody above said, +me.

Wrote this as an idea before finding this thread.  So yes, I need this too.
-------------
I would like to select a node and any unstructured object and group them together so that the object follows the node.

Why?  I have structured data (mindmap nodes, other flows w nodes). 

The data is super high stakes, lots of holders of those stakes.  A few hand-fighting over the stakes.  Dark suits, creepy candle light.  You get it.  But adding critical context via other shapes, emoji, etc. is really powerful.  Less hand-fighting.

But those other objects don’t follow the nodes they’re referencing.  And since mindmaps especially, but other structures as well are in constant movement (being spatially adjusted, etc.), those context objects get lost very quickly. 

This means they’re nearly unusable, the mindmap has to stand on its own, and a huge opportunity for clarity and engagement is lost (across all user types, not just the owner).  Lots more hand-fighting amongst holders of stakes.  More creepy candle light.

Crazy how this thread is 2 years old and from what I can see no progress has been made. One year ago Lena Shenkarenko replied that they were just discussing this improvement. Seems like a no-brainer that users should be able to group any objects in a map so they don’t move out of alignment every time something is moved. I agree whole-hardheartedly with @Todd Gibson’s comments.

I am a developer currently switching from Mindx to Miro. I love Miro’s mindmap but it’s really frustrating when Miro can’t even make some objects move together. Everytime I use the “layout nodes” feature, my my nodes move but images & block codes attached with them via connection lines stay in the same place. 

Why is such a basic feature missing? please do something or else I really I have to find another mindmap’s product :(

This would be very very very usefull in order to make Miro the best Mind Map tool. It’s the only missing feature to my mind. 🙂 PLEEEEEAASSSE

2 years and yet no update, is this even in any developmental cycle?

It is a pity that the issue has been known for 3 years and nothing has been changed yet. Please dear MIRO team work on such simple but important issues!

Wow, I was excited to move to Miro for mind mapping but just ran into this problem and found this thread when I was searching for a solution.

Miro, no news in 2 years? Please let us know whether we can hope for this soon...Else I'm back to my prior platform (entirely offline 🙁)

@Marina any possibility of news on this? 🙏 

Is there any update on this functionality? The original post was 3 years ago and don’t see any updates.

I miss this too and unfortunately feel limited missing this feature! This would be one feature that reflects the 80/20 theory; 20% work that moves 80% of the results. It would unlock so much more creative and intellectual freedom than it at first glans seems.

Please Miro team, move this up among top priority from the backlog, the work would pay itself off exponentially! 🙏

Waiting to use Miro in earnest until this is available. Would be grateful for any update from the team, at least to show that they are hearing the requests. 

For every one here in the thread that’s getting notification on this topic or reading this thread for the first time and are missing this feature.

Make more “Noise”, shall we?

Like all the comments in a thread (that you still agree with of course) and maybe create more threads\(create topuc: wish list idea) with the topic.

Like and comment here(Thread): https://community.miro.com/ideas/group-images-and-objects-to-nodes-for-movement-and-collapse-pairing-15804

AND if you've got the time: Make your own wish thread about the same topic and why you need it, and use key words that becomes searchable\measured .

(object, node, group, alignment, branch, move, pairing, collapse)

3 years and no comment from Miro staff :( 

Ability to group objects with mind map nodes is absolutely essential for mind mapping! I would be using Miro if it had these features. Currently I am continuing to pay for ConceptDraw MINDMAP even though I would much rather have an online platform like Miro to do this.