Skip to main content

Now that many of Miro’s new Intelligent Canvas features are available to the public, we’re excited to announce the Intelligent Widgets Template Challenge! 🎉

In this challenge, you’ll create frameworks utilizing one of the four Intelligent Widgets below to make common tasks easier. 

ℹ️ What are Intelligent Widgets? 

Intelligent Widgets add new functionality to your Miro canvas to make meetings more efficient and automate repetitive tasks. There are four widgets available:

• People: easily assign a task or add a team member to an object on your Miro canvas
  • Dot Voting: the ability to drag and drop dots makes the voting process faster and more efficient
  • Story Points: enable team members to easily vote on story points for each task or project 
  • Polling: embed survey questions directly onto your boards

🏆 Here’s the challenge:

1. Design a template in Miro that incorporates at least one of the new Intelligent Widgets: 
    • People, Dot Voting, Story Points, or Polling
    • Want more specific ideas or use cases? Check out our full list here
    • Note: you can submit multiple templates to increase your odds of winning! 
  2. Submit your template(s) in Miroverse
  3. Share a link to your template(s) in this thread by Monday, September 30, 2024, to be entered to win
  4. Winners will be announced the week of September 30, 2024

The world is your oyster! Need some inspiration? Here are a few Miroverse templates already utilizing Widgets:

🗳️Voting and judging:

One winner will be selected in each of the following categories:

1. Community Choice: decided based on the number of likes and copies the template receives in Miroverse
  2. Miro Team Choice: decided by a panel of Mironeer judges based on relevance, layout and design, and ease of use. 
    • Relevance: Have you created a template in one of the above categories? 
    • Layout and design: Is your template organized, attractive, and easy to navigate? 🎨
    • Ease of use: Is your template easily understandable? Does it have clear instructions? 🔧

🎁 What’s in it for you:

• Your template will be added to the Template Challenge category in Miroverse 
  • All participants will receive a Miro tote bag ⭐️
  • Each winner will receive a $75 digital gift card plus an exclusive Miro swag bundle 🏆

📌 Challenge ends: Monday, September 30, 2024

This challenge is a perfect opportunity to get familiar with Miro’s new features. Publish your workflows in Miroverse to inspire the user community and tout your Miro skills!

Want to learn more about Intelligent Canvas and some of the biggest product updates in Miro History? Be sure to sign up for Canvas ’24. Save your spot here! 🚀

@Nicole Kurek I’m working on one more that I may be able to finish today. Do I have until midnight to submit today to meet the deadline? Or has the ship sailed? 😀

@Nicole Kurek I’m working on one more that I may be able to finish today. Do I have until midnight to submit today to meet the deadline? Or has the ship sailed? 😀

Hey @UX Noah, you have until midnight! Can’t wait to see what you’re working on! 😄

Hi everyone,

Super excited to share my template “GenAI Navigator”. Have a look and try it out here: https://miro.com/miroverse/genai-navigator/ 🎉🎉

Best regards,

Johanny

@Nicole Kurek It’s not going to happen for me tonight. I will have to turn mine in late, for no credit, and give everyone else a chance. 😉 

First try at a Miroverse submission;

The Visually Scaled Story Points template is a variant of the story points widget, designed to reduce cognitive load for teams with diverse learning styles.

Why visual scaling?

Visual scaling allows team members to intuitively understand both total and relative effort without needing to perform calculations.
• Quickly estimate effort using visual and spatial cues.
• Improve collaboration by catering to different learning preferences.

Which teams benefit?
• Teams with a mix of learning styles (visual, auditory, kinesthetic)
• Teams needing a more intuitive sense of effort.

Find your learning style

See the example “filled in” template for “What’s your learning style?” exercise, and better understand how each team member processes information.

https://miro.com/miroverse/visual-scaled-story-points/

Hi - just got my template back from the team and its been published - I submitted it last week but guess they’ve been very busy with all the submissions - enjoy

https://miro.com/miroverse/bulls-eye-scoring/?utm_source=sfmc&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=updated_approved_published_miroverse_automated_submission_flow

🌟 Announcing the winners of the Intelligent Widgets Template Challenge! 🌟

We are thrilled to announce the winners of our Intelligent Widgets Template Challenge! After careful deliberation, we have selected two Creators whose templates stood out for their relevance, layout and design, and ease of use.

Without further ado, the winners are… 🥁🥁🥁 

Let’s give them a big round of applause! 👏

🏆 Each winner will receive a $75 digital gift card and an exclusive Miro swag bundle, and all participants will receive a Miro Hero tote bag.

✉️ Keep an eye out for a message from me later this week with the next steps for redeeming your prizes! 

We were incredibly impressed by the high-quality submissions we received and want to extend a big thank you to everyone who participated and shared their templates with the community.

🤔 What challenge should we do next? Share your thoughts on what types of challenges and prizes you'd like to see in the future by commenting on this post or reaching out to me directly! 

Congratulations once again to our winners, and thank you to all our Miro Heroes for your participation! 🎉

Excellent entries! Congratulations creators! Well done. 

Well deserved guys!! Huge congrats!! 😃🎉🎉

@Nicole Kurek 🤩 Wow! I’m honored! Thank you so much for the preference and all the kind words. 🙏