Export Miro frames to PowerPoint

Hello, we are dreaming of a feature that lets Miro export frames to native PowerPoint format. Many customers like to work on Miro, yet need the documentation as PowerPoint file afterwards. 

Hi @Timo Springer 

Welcome to the Miro Online Community!

For now, the users can export the frames in the form of an image and add the images in the PowerPoint presentation!

Or

Miro also supports presentation mode inbuild!

Hi @Soumyadeep Mandal 

Thank you for your reply.

Yes, I know the two options. Unfortunately, this is of no use if the corporate group works 24/7 with PowerPoint and wants to have all content editable there. 

I can understand that why I also voted!

How can I export a Miro board into Visio or PowerPoint which needs to be edited?

It’s very common part  of our workflow to facilitate a session with Miro but having to report out later using PowerPoint, being able to do this more quickly, with with the individual elements from the board in Miro instead of screenshots would save my team a lot of time. 

As a UX researcher it would be VERY helpful to be able to export Miro frames to (editable) Powerpoint slides and save us a ton of time. Please prioritize making this happen. 

Agree with the other requesters. I’m increasingly using Miro from idea to presentation but clients insist on deliverables being ultimately provided in editable PowerPoint (PDF export isn’t cutting it). My options are to hire someone to build editable PPTs of my completed Miro presentations, or change platforms / apps to PPT or something able to export to PPT for the final slide prep (which isn’t ideal for the actually group facilitation experience).

It’s a big issue in an otherwise absolutely fantastic workflow. 

Completely agree with all the requests here! As a teacher I have to be able to export to PowerPoint since this is what everyone else is using and have been using the canva.com platform which is really good at exporting to PPT natively and naturally expected such a great tool as Miro to have this functionality.

You should already know this - Business runs on PowerPoint!

Maybe sometime in the future it may run on Miro. 😁

When I can generate a PowerPoint slide in seconds, Then I can use Miro for everything. 💪

Rough requirements:

• Mark area of content as a “Miro slide”
  • Able to order these “Miro slides”
  • On the menu, export as PowerPoint presentation
    • “Miro slides” are captured as images (Future, maybe PowerPoint objects)
    • A PowerPoint file is created with all the slides in order.
  • Miro is always the master, PowerPoint file is a report out of the master.

This is much needed, there are still places where client WIFI and / or cell phone internet reception is poor and we need a backup in case Miro doesn’t want to load.  To my knowledge, there isn’t an automated way even to batch export slides as images (please correct me if wrong)

We need to export correctly as objects on PowerPoint.

Any news about this?

I have found a workaround but it requires Adobe Acrobat Pro, so you’ll need an Adobe subscription.

1. Export your frames as a PDF at full resolution
  2. Open the PDF in Acrobat Pro
  3. File / Export to / Powerpoint Presentation

This results in a fully editable Powerpoint deck with all the Miro content. I think the only thing I’ve had to reconstruct was external links applied to images/video clips.

Of course this requires that you work in frames, but it has proven very useful to our team. I’d much rather have a direct export, however.

I have found a workaround but it requires Adobe Acrobat Pro, so you’ll need an Adobe subscription.

This results in a fully editable Powerpoint deck with all the Miro content. I think the only thing I’ve had to reconstruct was external links applied to images/video clips.

Of course this requires that you work in frames, but it has proven very useful to our team. I’d much rather have a direct export, however.

This is a great workaround!  I couldn’t find an automated way to export multiple frames in Miro.  Are you all doing this or just exporting each frame manually one by one?

If you just click the Share button at the top of the board UI, and select Export to PDF, it exports all frames into one PDF.

This is what I’m referring to. Just don’t select any frames:

With editable objects / content, text selection… or as image??

Yes, Acrobat Pro will export a fully editable deck from your Miro frames.

With editable objects / content, text selection… or as image??

This is a pretty good workaround that we also discovered a few months ago. It’s not perfect (you might get wrong page dimensions, or some shapes crop strangely), but text, shapes, sticky notes and images translate to PowerPoint objects!

Just make sure to right click and “unlock all” before exporting and select “Best Quality” from the options.

Yes, Acrobat Pro will export a fully editable deck from your Miro frames.

I try and It works perfectly for me!!! You saved my job! :D
Thanks a lot!!!!

This would be incredibly useful for media companies as well. I am hoping for this feature to be available soon!

I would like to put in a vote for PowerPoint and Apple Keynote export. This flexibility would be super useful.

would be extremely useful indeed

Hi, I’d like to urge Miro to improve export functionality with Microsoft Office products, primarily Word and PowerPoint.  I use Miro to generate strategic planning data through collaborative “design sessions”, during which my clients brainstorm goals, objectives, initiatives, KPIs, etc. on stickies within organized frames.  Unfortunately, it’s extremely laborious to copy/paste text from individual stickies into Office.  Usually, I copy/paste first into Excel to organize the data, then into Word to improve presentation in strategy documentation, and often then into PowerPoint to summarize and present the plan data live.  I usually also copy/paste an image of each Miro frame because the visual design is appealing, but the fact that it can’t be manipulated reduces it to simply an artifact of the planning process rather than something that can be evolved over time. 

If Miro enabled exporting of all data in a frame into a format that preserves the frame/shape design but also allows editable text, that would be an incredible efficiency boost for me.

Sample strategic planning frame and data on stickies

I’ve been pasting images of a roadmap from Miro into PPT and our leadership just asked me to do it directly in PPT so it was more readable. Until this feature is available I’ll have to create roadmap in PPT and can only use Miro if the extra time can be justified. :( 

Shame, so instead of giving more money to Miro I’m now forced to give Money to Adobe for this feature. 

Being able to show changes in architectures over time is done very elegantly via the PowerPoint Morph feature. Something not possible in Miro. 

Looks like I’ll be getting an Acrobat Pro subscription.