Skip to main content

As noted in this thread https://community.miro.com/developer-platform-and-apis-57/is-there-any-way-to-change-a-card-widget-fill-color-through-the-rest-or-web-apis-2161?postid=8939#post8939 

its possible to set card colours and fill using the Web SDK API. 

What seems not to be possible though yet for some reason using the Web SDK v2 is to set the card colours for Jira Cards using the same commands.

Is this intended? Does anyone know of a work around?

What I would like to do is be able to programatically set the colour of cards based on a card property, for example the Jira card priority field. While the Jira cards app does not support this natively yet and even if it did, it would be very convenient if the API allowed this since its supported in the UI.

Many thanks!

Hi @Ben Mort 

Unfortunately, the only way to set the card colour for Jira Cards would be through the UI via the context menu as shown below. 

We know it’s a limitation, and we are currently working on a fix to be able to update the app card via a REST API. We are hoping to have something deployed within a few weeks. I will update you once it’s ready.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Also, thanks so much for being so active in our community :) ​​​​​​​

Thanks for the really quick reply :) 

Yes was aware of the ability to set card colours via the UI context menu and will still go with this option for now. The reason to explore the API though was to avoid having to do this manually on a board with >100 Jira cards when there are easy ways to defined rules for our use case pragmatically.

Anyway i’ll eagerly and patiently wait on an update which will hopefully make this possible via the API

Thanks again for the support, its a a relief to know this is a known issue and not something I was doing wrong when experimenting with the API!

ps. is very much a pleasure working with both the RESTful and Web SDK APIs as the Miro doc for tutorials, information, and reference material is really high quality. This is very much valued and appreciated.