Question

API Needs: Create Board > Upload PDF to Board > Export PDF from Board

• 4 August 2021
  • 5 replies

This is our first Miro API integration. After creating a Board via the API (this is no problem, it works), we want to:

1. Upload a PDF to the Board so people can review it (this doesn’t seem possible via the API)
  2. Export the marked-up PDF from the Board (this also doesn’t seem possible via the API)

It seems these basic API use cases are not supported. Is there a timeline for when they might be?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

@Unified Digital  These are wonderful features to support in this use case. I’d like them too!  

@Anthony Roux :thinking:

Userlevel 5
Badge +1

Hi @Unified Digital, @Max Harper,

You are right, the REST API do not support the “Document” widget. This is in our backlog but I don’t have an estimate date for it.

For your point 2, what would you expect? Being able to get a link to the document using the REST API so you can download it?

Hi Anthony (and Max),

Thanks for your reply. A link to the document would probably work, if subsequent downloading could be done programmatically (i.e., via an HTTP request in code). Idea being, the response content would be the same as you would get by clicking the “Save as PDF” menu option from the export button in the UI.

Badge +1

Hi all

I would like to remark the image and document download requirement.

It would be very nice to have the image and document url available (like when images are dropped from a web site for example), so that they can be downloaded programmatically via an http request in code.

Alberto

Badge +1

Hi @Unified Digital@Max Harper,

You are right, the REST API do not support the “Document” widget. This is in our backlog but I don’t have an estimate date for it.

For your point 2, what would you expect? Being able to get a link to the document using the REST API so you can download it?

Hi Anthony

I am developing an app for creativity support in art academies for a EU project. I decided to use miro front end because it is fantastic for my purpose. But, as you may immagine, I definitely need to download students’ docs and images.  A link to uploaded docs and images wuold be enough. Does Mirò staff has any plan to develop this functionality?