Skip to main content
Question

Why is a visitor being denied access to a board and has requested to join my team?

• 17 June 2024
  • 3 replies

Hello!

I’m hoping someone can give me some clarification on this please? I am currently halfway through a virtual programme with multiple modules on different days however, today I have received 3 email notifications saying 3 different participants have been denied access to 3 different boards and have requested to join my company’s Miro team in order to gain access. For GDPR, I have blanked out the person’s email address but we have identical emails for 3 different people in the same organisation.

They have used multiple boards up until now and have not run into this issue but I am told they were able to use the boards in question with no problem so I am wondering 1. Why has this happened? and 2. Is there a way we can avoid this happening again?

The participants taking part are not within my organisation so I’m unsure if they have created their own Miro accounts with their work email addresses. I’ve turned the discoverable option off on our account and all boards are sat within the same place on Miro so I am really confused about what’s happened how.

If someone could clarify, it would be much appreciated.

Many thanks

Courtney

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@EFG Jamboards - Are your visitors seeing something similar to this?

If so, they are likely not being denied access, but may need to use the “← Join team later action”?

Hi Robert

Thank you for your response.

Unfortunately I am not in the session myself so I can’t be 100% certain this is the message they are seeing but this would make complete sense if it was. Thank you for providing this screenshot, are you happy for me to use this in my internal instructions I am using as it’s great to have a visual example of messages that pop up.

Do you know why they would have received this message today as like I say, they have been using various different boards I’ve created in Miro since last week and I’ve not had this come up until today. Could they have potentially signed up to a Miro account since they last used a Miro board and it’s trying to push them to join a team? Just thinking out loud on this one!

Thanks

Courtney

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@EFG Jamboards - I’m not sure what the reason for the message is – one of my colleague’s visitors reported seeing it, while no one else did. As for the screenshot, yes, feel free to include it – whatever helps you (and your clients/board participants) use Miro successfully!

If the message does persist, and visitors are unable to access the board, I would suggest that you open a support ticket by following these instructions: by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799-How-to-contact-Miro-Support#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C