Visual notes: I lost notes when copying a template

I created a template with notes as instructions for users. 

That template is saved in my Personal Templates

But when I create a NEW BOARD using that template the notes do not appear. 

Do you know how can I save the notes as a template too? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@TecRoom -

This is a known limitation of Miro templates - the workaround I’ve used is to use a backup of the board (which the template was based on) and restore that as a new board. Backups include the visual notes panel content.

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Hope - I see you were the last person to update the Visual Notes Help Center article. Perhaps this limitation should be noted in the HC article?

@TecRoom - I put together the following post with the pros around using boards instead of custom templates. Depending on your use case, you may want to consider this strategy as a it does solve a number of Custom Template shortcomings:

https://community.miro.com/inspiration-and-connection-67/sharing-a-board-with-any-miro-user-bonus-boards-vs-custom-templates-7807

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Hope - Can you please confirm something else that I just discovered: Deleted Custom Templates cannot be restored? I created a test template and when using the Delete action, there is no confirmation that I want to proceed, and that the template cannot be recovered. Sure, there is a toast popup with an Undo action, but after that, it appears be dissolved into the ether.

So many thanks @Robert Johnson and @Kiron Bondale 

I thought there was an option to save notes because I used a board shared on Miroverse and there the notes were kept.

Userlevel 4
Badge

Hi @Robert Johnson 

If you have the link to the template, then you can restore the template if you follow the link. Thanks for sharing this experience, we will pass your feedback along to the team.