Skip to main content

🔗👍Synchronised Sticky Notes

• 28 December 2022
  • 6 replies

Does anyone know if such possibility already exists?

Sometimes, want to duplicate sticky notes while keeping the sticky note content the same, however, changing a copy will not update the original. 
I propose a “Synchronised Copy ” feature, which will preserve all attributes (color, tags etc) from a sticky note when pasting, so that there will always be 2 or more instances of the same sticky notes.

Synchronised sticky notes must have a small icon to indicate that updating this sticky note will update the same sticky note somewhere else on the canvas.

I made a mistake, by posting this to the community. However, before adding this as an Idea.

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Marin Culjak -

Sounds like CarbonCopy to me. Here’s a description from the app’s author: https://community.miro.com/developer-platform-and-apis-57/plugin-for-sync-ing-widget-duplicates-just-launched-carboncopy-v2-6070

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Kiron Bondale The Carbon Copy app was retired some months ago, unfortunately. 😞

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Henrik StÄhl -

thanks! I was unaware of that - did Markus post something about this in Slack? That’s a shame that it is no longer available

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Kiron Bondale Nah, @Chris Parker informed us through a comment in the other thread you linked to:

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

And yeah, it’s a real shame it’s gone, it was a very neat app. 😞

It seems you're looking for a way to synchronize sticky notes across platforms, ensuring consistency without manual updates. While this feature isn't standard in most digital tools, it would indeed streamline collaborative work. Before suggesting it officially, consider exploring existing collaborative platforms like Miro or Google Jamboard, which offer similar functionalities for team brainstorming and note-sharing.