Skip to main content
Question

Select a specific image from many

• 7 June 2024
  • 7 replies

Hi everyone, 

I have a board with many many images. Some of these are logos and one of these logos needs to be changed. I’ve been all over the Miro help pages looking to see if it was possible to select a specific image, repeated in multiple frames/places, so that it can be replaced. Am I missing something obvious? 

Let’s suppose I have around 50 frames, each frame contains a logo plus several other images. If I select one image I can replace it with something from the board (or Unsplash), but if I select multiple images the Replace option disappears. 

Do I have to travel around the board replacing each individual log (eg using Replace > Replace from Board) or is there another way of doing this that’s less tedious/prone to human error.

It would be  great if the image tool had some sort of asset management option. Plus I’m not completely sure why the Branding Centre has no logo management built in.

7 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge

HI @Gav 

Good question. Sadly, I am not aware of anything like that. Personally I’ve encountered the same situation as you a few times -- but I always “shudder” when I think of PowerPoint and all the headaches that it’s “master page” functionality can cause.

If you haven’t seen it yet, assuming you have an image saved on your clipboard, then you can select any image in Miro to make sure it is highlighted, then directly press CONTROL-V to paste your image into Miro, and it will replace the previous image in Miro with the new one in your clipboard. That’s how I do it - and it might save you some time. But it is not asset management as you rightly point out.

Good luck! Ken

Userlevel 2

It just seems odd to me that something that would be very useful and [I assume] relatively simple to do isn’t done. The branding centre should definitely have logo management built in. 

Userlevel 5
Badge

HI @Gav 

Fair point!  And in fact another way to put this: not even logo management, but rather just a global find-and-replace for images. I absolutely think that would be cool and useful.

However . . . maybe a different line of thinking.  When I give lectures about Miro or introduce Miro to new people, I BRAGG that Miro is not about making things beautiful and perfect, just making them fast.

I tell my potential users: PowerPoint with its “master files” was written 37 years ago. Today it is about speed over “pixel-perfect quality”, content over looking perfect. In all cases where I have introduced Miro I wanted the people to focus on quality/content, even at the result of not looking perfect.

But I also think you and I are alike. I, too, use frames - hundreds of them. But if you look at most every Miroverse template, probably in most cases there is nary a frame to be found. So I sometimes think I am a dinosaur still living in the age of frames. :-)

Have fun!  Cheers, Ken

Userlevel 2

It’s not about perfection but about speed. 

(i refuse to use powerpoint)

Plus we do use it for presentations and it is useful to be able to make bulk changes quickly. If there’s a branding centre let it be a Branding Centre!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Gav 

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. Not sure if this is helpful but found these two threads that describe ways to dynamically replace images. This is uses the API and this one describes a paste option.

If neither of these quite solve your problem, consider adding your notes as a Wish List for our team to consider. Cheers!

Userlevel 2

Hi @Gav 

Sorry to hear about your frustrations. Not sure if this is helpful but found these two threads that describe ways to dynamically replace images. This is uses the API and this one describes a paste option.

If neither of these quite solve your problem, consider adding your notes as a Wish List for our team to consider. Cheers!

For end users, using the API won’t be appropriate. 

And I’ve seen the paste replacement, but can’t this only do one image at a time?

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Gav 

I’ve poked around and I don’t think what you’re asking for exists yet. Kenneth’s tips might be the best options right now.

That said, I suggest submitting this as a Wish List item to get it on the team’s radar. It sounds like it might be helpful to many users. Cheers!