Answered

Automating content updates between boards

• 11 March 2021
  • 2 replies

Hello everyone,

I am currently working between two Miro boards and looking to update an image automatically from one board to another. 

Here is my situation: I have one board (let’s call it board A) dedicated to a user flow showcasing screenshots of the web design by iteration. I update this board on a regular basis. My board B provides an overview of all projects I am working on and need to contain the most up to date screens from board A. My goal is to find a way to connect images from board A to board B and have them automatically update anytime I update/replace my images in board A.

Does anyone know if this is possible? Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 11 March 2021, 14:28

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Mary Cruz - What you are describing (dynamic/symbolic linking of objects) is not currently possible using out-of-the-box Miro functionality.

However, it may be possible to use Miro’s REST API to accomplish what you are looking for. You would probably want someone with a development background to review the Miro Developer Platform documentation.

Another option would be to host the images on an external site, embed the image on the board, and then update the image file as required on an external site - I outlined out this could be accomplished in the following post:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/auto-update-embedded-images-3567

@Robert Johnson thank you for those insights! I’ll take a look at the post you provided and see if this will be a good solution for our team.