[RESOLVED] Not possible to share boards for editing: "User email domain not allowed as board guest" error

Why is this happening? I already have a bunch of people with the same (external) domain email on the project.

Marina 2 years ago

Hi @Joao Costa @Mark Rollins @Michele Budri_2 @Amir Transpire,

Sorry to hear you all faced this issue :pensive:  

The team reported that this issue was fixed right away. Can you please check if sharing works as expected now? 

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

9 replies

Hi,

I have happily been using my Miro board on a Consultant plan and have been sharing the boards I have been created during workshop session with attendees via the Share Feature on the board and providing them with View or Comment access.

I have tried to add a new email address today enabling someone to view the board and I am now being displayed the message ‘User email domain not allowed as board guest’, this was not happening before but has suddenly kicked in.

I have searched for answers here, but not had any joy, anyone know why this has suddenly started happening?

Many thanks, Mark

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mark Rollins - 

I know that the Enterprise Plan has an allow list for domains but this (as far as I know) isn’t an option in the Consultant Plan. I’d suggest opening a Miro support request here to get someone from Miro to look into this for you as it is possible that Miro themselves are doing this blocking for that particular domain: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

same problem that started yesterday :(

Thanks Kiron I have raised the question to support and will post back here when I get a response from them.

Appreciate your time and support 👍

I have a few boards (paid account) where I am the owner and my team have access. I want to change ownership to someone else. But to do that, I need to add someone explicitly to then make them owner but when I try I get the error “User email domain not allowed as board guest” even though they are within the company  domain and a team member!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Amir Transpire 

I need to add someone explicitly to then make them owner

How are you doing this? (A screenshot would help.)

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @Joao Costa @Mark Rollins @Michele Budri_2 @Amir Transpire,

Sorry to hear you all faced this issue :pensive:  

The team reported that this issue was fixed right away. Can you please check if sharing works as expected now? 

Working properly now. Thanks

@Amir Transpire

I need to add someone explicitly to then make them owner

How are you doing this? (A screenshot would help.)

When I go into Sharing, no one is on the list so I can’t make anyone the owner. So have to ‘share’ > select team members and explicitly select an individual, even though the entire team has access. Then when their name appears in the sharing list, I can change their ownership. See screenshot as an example of no one else being on the list. (even though my entire team has access). 

Anyway the issue has now been resolved.