Answered

Reset board after use

• 8 March 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi,

I have seen this idea: https://community.miro.com/wish-list-32/reset-a-board-a-specified-state-821

I guess that is similar to what I’m asking for.

Maybe I’m wrong or don’t see the difference between templates and miroverse. But a miroverse board I can view without being logged in to Miro. And that board will be a copy on my dashboard if I would like to use it. But is it possible to sett the restrictions so that anyone with a password can edit a Miroverse/ template without logging in as a user. But don’t mess with the original template?

I’m not sure if I explain myself well but I know the copy/paste alternative of duplicating a template for a future workshop, but I would like to have a board that “anyone” can access and play around with but not messing up the original setup. So part of my board could be a “preview” of another template that you can drag and drop thing into be after you close it will show the default view of the template.

If it would be possible to reset it once every day that would be enough, I guess.

Is there a work around for this or are my question only solved by voting up the idea I mentioned? 

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 12 March 2021, 13:18

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

Hi @honkenen,

If I understand your use case correctly, you can just duplicate the original board and let your users work in the copy. Does it make sense?  

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hi @Marina,

Thanks for your answer, but that is not exactly what I’m looking for.

I would like to reuse the same board. So that I can share one link with the whole class of students or within several courses and they can try out an exercise in smaller groups, when they have time. But if they “mess upp” with the board or a new group enter the board at another time, they should not see the creation of the last group of students.

I understand that creating one board for every group is possible but I was just thinking that if I have an exercise that some would like to do more than once, or in other constellations of people that would help it the board could be setup to reset to the certain position. If I for instance have a miroverse board that would look the same for everyone that click on the board but then I guess it is only possible to view the board, if you would like to edit you have to make a copy of that board, but then all students need an account on Miro and sometimes I would like to use it students that are not a user in my Miro-team.

I’m not sure if you understand my question, I guess it is not possible to do what I¨m asking for, so that I have to duplicate the boards instead…

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@honkenen -

Unfortunately, such a reset capability is not available. Duplicating boards and/or using backup & restore of RTB files would be the way to go.

Kiron