Skip to main content

I tend to be given a weblink to a Miro board, but I’d prefer to open the board within Miro app, but the search bar under the Boards tab doesn’t understand that I’m trying to use the link to open the board, not search for the link.
Is there somewhere else I can input the link in the Miro app so it can open the tab, instead of needing to input into a web browser that just ends up opening the Miro app anyway?

hi @JGoya 

I don’t think that what you’re asking for is possible, unfortunately. As discussed in this Wish List thread, some users also want this functionality. If this is the issue you’re discussing, please add your vote to the Wish List for the team to review.

I’m looking to input https://miro.com/app/board/ACrazyLongGobbledyGook into the search bar in the Miro desktop app and it opens the tab directly there.

What Holger Sbrzesny is describing.
https://community.miro.com/ideas/open-desktop-app-from-web-browser-1357?postid=3013#post3013

I know Spotify has this functionality. 

Hi @JGoya 

While the option to paste a board link directly into Miro’s search bar isn’t available, you can search for the board by typing its name in the search field.

No result when searching using the board link

result when using the board name in the search bar

I understand this doesn’t fully resolve the issue, but workarounds like this can be helpful in the meantime. 

To this end, we suggest you upvote and comment your use case in the thread here to let our developers know how it can benefit you.

Please also check the changelog for weekly feature updates!

Lastly, if you're interested in learning more about some of Miro's biggest product updates that may be relevant to your use case, save your spot for our Canvas ‘24 event happening on October 8th. Let me know if you have any additional questions – happy to help!

Let us know if you need further assistance!

Yeah I understand, I’m not always given the name of the board.  And I know I can always open it in a regular web browser too.

Thanks for looking and all the links.  I’ll give the thumbs!