On Planner for JIRA we need more than 1 issue per column width

• 18 January 2024
  • 5 replies

During a PI, with only one issue per column the planner is much too High

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hi @Sylvain Gautier it’s currently not possible to have multi-columns in Planner for Jira (nor Jira itself for that matter). If that’s something you’d like in the future, then my suggestion would be to submit it to the Miro wishlist for consideration. Here is more info on that - https://community.miro.com/community-welcome-guide-14/everything-you-need-to-know-about-miro-wish-list-1099

In terms of functionality, though, I would question the need for multiple columns as no two pieces of work ever have exactly the same priority. There is always something, no matter how small, that determines that one piece of work is more/less important than another.

During PI Plannings on restitutions, each team tells how they will do the work during the 9-10 weeks
We (at Allianz) use a planner view for each team and its automatic capacity calculation on story points, and its great

But as the height of planner is very high because of number of tickets, what should be useful for teams and for stakeholders, is to have swimlanes per Epic, with their tickets on 2 or 3 columns , order by epics priorities (on PIs priorities are on Epics not on stories)

Regards

Sylvain

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

@Sylvain Gautier did you log the request to the Wishlist as I mentioned in my previous reply?

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Thanks for sharing this question @Sylvain Gautier! We’ve made some updates to Jira. To learn more about this feature and all other Miro product updates,  join us on March 13 or 14, for our What’s New Product Webinar. You’ll hear directly from our Product Marketing team about how you can use these features to just make work, flow! Hope to see you there 

Hope you all can join us for our What’s New Product Webinar too @Paul Snedden 😉👋🏿

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

Hope you all can join us for our What’s New Product Webinar too @Paul Snedden 😉👋🏿

I’ve put the EMEA and APAC sessions in my calendar, to make sure I don’t miss it :)