Need to change team admin

• 31 July 2023
  • 6 replies

Hello! 

We run into trouble regardless our Team Admin in our Board. Currently in our board there are Team Admin with inactive e-mail (he’s last log was on jan 18 2021). Can, please, someone from Support Team help us with change of Team Admin ? 

Thank you!

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Nikita Grecov - If you are on a paid subscription, you can contact Miro support directly by following these instructions:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360020185799#h_01F010RXA0E1S9C0WFQYX75R6C

Free Plan

If you the team/workspace you are referring to is a Free Plan team, you can could a new Free Plan team and move all boards and users to that team. Once that is done, everyone could leave the other team, leaving just the old admin in that team. Note: If the current admin is the owner of any of the boards, which would block you from moving them, you can duplicate their boards and move the duplicates.

I would suggest that you then promote at least one other team member to the role of Team Admin.

I wrote a post with the steps to do this:

https://community.miro.com/miro-labs-113/article-taking-back-control-of-your-free-plan-team-7706

Hi Robert

Thank you for reply! If possible we want to save our workspace without moving it somewhere else.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Hi Robert

Thank you for reply! If possible we want to save our workspace without moving it somewhere else.

@Nikita Grecov - Are you on a paid subscription? Did you use the link above to contact Miro support?

Hi Robert

@Nikita Grecov - Are you on a paid subscription? Did you use the link above to contact Miro support?

@Robert Johnson - Currently no, but we plan to. In our current workspace we have some board that shared via the link to which have access people who already left our company and we plan to change that with paid privacy option, but for now there are too many members in our workspace. Before subscriptrion we plan to reduce members there and for that we need to change our Team Admin.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Nikita Grecov - The My Miro Admin left the company mentions that the support team may be able to help you, but there are no guarantees. I will convert you post into a support ticket.

If the support team is unable to help you, the steps I have listed above will get you to a state where you have a new team (which could have the exact same name as the current team), with any members you wish to add to the team, and any boards that you have in your current team.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Nikita Grecov - Another option is for one user to use the Add teams action and create a new team on a paid subscription with one paid seat to start. That person could then duplicate and move boards to the new team in preparation for adding new paid users later.

You could even have this sole paid subscription holder create unlimited boards and share them with other users using the Visitors method, or Guests if you get the Business Plan.