My toolbar only has cursor

My company just introduced Miro to us and I am currently exploring an testing the features. When i follow tutorials everybody seems to have an elaborate toolbar with the essentials. However the toolbar I have only has the cursor. I have spent 15 minutes Googling and also spend time pressing every button that Miro has, but I can’t seem to solve this.

When i select ‘add tools and apps’ I do not find the standard tools like the pen or the sticky note. 

Probably this is very simple but I can’t seem to find the solution. Thanks for any help!

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Joris Koomen -

Is this a Miro board which you created or has someone shared it with you? If it is your own board (i.e. you created it), then what happens when you click on the two downward pointing chevrons/arrows at the bottom of the red circled area in your image? If someone has shared the board with you, they might have only added you with view-only access so you’d need to have them give you edit access to enable the remaining tools.

Kiron

I have the same problem. I am an owner of the board, I can edit it but I have only this cursor in my toolbar.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Joris Koomen  and @Natallia Vaitovich - This is likely due to either a really small physical display (e.g., a small monitor or laptop screen) or your displays resolution is too low (or your browser window is not maximized).

See this post for an example of how not all app/tools will display when your displayable space is small:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/board-owner-with-the-symplified-menu-8671?postid=36753#post36753

@Joris Koomen  and @Natallia Vaitovich - This is likely due to either a really small physical display (e.g., a small monitor or laptop screen) or your displays resolution is too low (or your browser window is not maximized).

See this post for an example of how not all app/tools will display when your displayable space is small:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/board-owner-with-the-symplified-menu-8671?postid=36753#post36753

Thanks. Today I logged in on another screen, now it is back to normal.