Board owner with the symplified menu

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

This is so wierd, one of my team member is Owner of this board, and her tool menu is reduce.. she can not do anything to find the other options.. she can only use short cuts but that’s not handy to facilitate a group. Is there a way to solve this big issue!! 

10 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

Hi @Véronique Carbonneau! It looks like her browser window is pretty small, did she try increasing the height of the browser window? When it’s too tight, the tool menu is minimized and the ↡↟ icons appear.

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

i know, i tried..there’s nothing to do! I will check again with her.. but it’s really wierd.. 
I saw the update about Beta with the board video review and choosing to narrow down the tools for guests / participants.. but … that’s sooo wierd! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

i know, i tried..there’s nothing to do! I will check again with her.. but it’s really wierd.. 
I saw the update about Beta with the board video review and choosing to narrow down the tools for guests / participants.. but … that’s sooo wierd! 

@Henrik Ståhl 

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Véronique Carbonneau,

Alyona from Miro Support is stopping in for a moment 👋

This issue 99,9% caused by the browser's zoom level as Henrik pointed out. Please, make sure the user decreases it to something close to 100%. This should resolve the issue immediately, but there's a slight chance they'll also need to clear cookies. They can also check how the toolbar looks in the Desktop app. If everything is alright there, the issue is definitely browser specific. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Véronique Carbonneau - From the limited screenshot you have included, it does appear that either the browser window is not Maximized OR the display resolution is very low, e.g., 800 x 600 on an already small display.

For example, here is what happens if I have Miro opened in a browser on my 14-inch monitor at 1920 x 1080 resolution AND I don’t have the browser windows fully maximized to fill the screen:

I don’t have a toolbar:

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Luciana,

I've moved your message to another topic as it's more relevant to what you're reporting. Please try the suggestions listed below and let us know if this helped resolve your issue!

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

Hey @Luciana,

I've moved your message to another topic as it's more relevant to what you're reporting. Please try the suggestions listed below and let us know if this helped resolve your issue!

It seems really relevant to me.. because it’s exactly the same problem for my collegue.. 
She tryed everything.. for the zoom and the cookies.. 
And it don’t work. 
in the app it’s working but it’s too slow to work on the app for her computer when she is facilitating on zoom with clients. 

Userlevel 5
Badge +3

@Véronique Carbonneau - From the limited screenshot you have included, it does appear that either the browser window is not Maximized OR the display resolution is very low, e.g., 800 x 600 on an already small display.

For example, here is what happens if I have Miro opened in a browser on my 14-inch monitor at 1920 x 1080 resolution AND I don’t have the browser windows fully maximized to fill the screen:

Thanks :) she have a small computer.. maybe it’s not the zoom of her browser but..really the display of the computer itself! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +7

@Véronique Carbonneau Do you know which type of computer she has? It might be a good idea to change screen resolution and see if it helps. On Mac:

• On your Mac, choose Apple menu -> System Preferences, then click Displays.
  • Select Scaled, then select one of the options.

@Robert Johnson can likely help if she's got a non-Mac computer and needs guidance. 😊