Answered

Miro asking to login

• 15 December 2020
  • 5 replies

Hello guys!

I’m having a problem with my MIRO boards. 

When I invite people to collaborate with me, some of them are allowed to enter as guests (as usual!), but others are asked to login! It doesn’t matter what we do, they can’t acess the boards if they don’t login.

This happens especially when people are accessing the board for the second time!

Is this happening with someone else or just me? Any tips on what to do?

Thanks! 

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 16 December 2020, 15:15

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Mayara Garcia - I have never experienced this when a board is publicly shared.

Can you confirm that you have set the board’s share settings to Anyone with the board → Can edit, comment, or view?

Here is a test board that I just created in view mode:

https://miro.com/app/board/o9J_lbaX2Aw=/  (password: test1234)

Yes! Anyone can edit my board. The only difference in mine it’s that I use a password (security reasons) in all my boards.

But I’ve seen people with no password boards having the same problem here

It’s really weird, because some people are asked to join while others don’t. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Mayara Garcia - This is making more sense now. Your initial message mentioned “login”, but now that you have used the word “join” and that there is a password on the board, I added a password to my board and tried to open it from an incognito browser window, to simulate what someone with no Miro account would see and notice the words “sign up” on the first page the user sees when they click on your link, which is most likely confusing them to think that they need to sign up:

Hi Robert!

Interesting… Even though I always say that they don’t neet do sign up, maybe they are confused.

I’m going to talk to them… see if that’s what’s really happening.

Thank you so much for your help :smile:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Mayara Garcia - You’re welcome! if someone is adamant that they cannot access the board, I would suggest having them share their screen over a Zoom/Webex/Teams/etc. call so they can show you what they are doing. I would also suggest that you record the screen share session as it could help Miro support if there is an issue.