Lost my work without being able to sync it - please help urgently

• 25 August 2021
  • 4 replies

I lost all my work I did on the Miro App which I download to my Apple Mac. I am working from an area with bad internet connectivity and I could thus not work in the cloud. I though working on the app downloaded on my harddrive would be the way to do it.

After a few hours of develop the workflow of my new online programme it all disappeared. No syncing took place due to bad internet connectivity and now I cannot see my work anymore. Just a blank miro board. I have 2 questions;

• How can I retrieve my work?
  • How can I ensure that this does not happend again?

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Jacques Velleman -

Did the board itself disappear or just the content within it? Is there anything in the board's activity log showing the content which had been created prior to the sync issue? If not, other than opening a support request with Miro I can't think of any solution  to retrieve the work you had done.

As with any SaaS solution, reliable Internet connectivity is crucial to avoiding data loss.

Kiron

hello Kiron, i am having this problem all of a sudden.  the contents of the board just disappear and i am not able to move the mouse around.  the name of the board is still there and the history and versions i can see, my not option for me to restore?  I left the board open last night as i was so frustrated and came back to it this am and the content was there…..but after a few edits it is gone again.  Can you help? I contacted MIRO but have not received an help

@Kiron Bondale 

Having the same issue over and over again. Both in the mac app as well as on different browsers. Guys I really love Miro for all the capabilities but these are basics that will make users leave. Whats the issue here and why is nobody taking care of this despite various people having the same crucial issue?