Skip to main content

I have been using a free Miro account for around a year or two, mostly using a single board for a personal project. 

About a month or so ago, I shared that board by inviting in a third-party contractor in. We ended up not working together on the project so I went in today to clean up any permissions I have them.

I saw that the user had created a Team, or at least I think they did as I do not recall making one myself. As I did not know that Teams were tied to Boards, and the Board was created by me, I left the Team.

Now I have zero access to not only that Board but any other Boards I had created, it is as if my profile is entirely blank. I’ve lost not only access to that Board but other, non-related ones as well. I am sure I’m logged in with the right profile. 

I’ll gladly pay for a Miro account if it means having access to my Board again but I’m at a lose as to how to get access back. I’ve reached out to the third-party contractor in hopes they still have access but do not predict hearing back at all so I need to find a potential other direction.

Hi @Colton Hensley 

Sorry to hear about your issue. My colleague Robert has a helpful thread on a few things you can do to try to recover a board. You can find them here.  I hope this is helpful!

@Colton Hensley 

About a month or so ago, I shared that board by inviting in a third-party contractor in.

Depending on how you invited them, if you used the Copy team invite link, then you should in theory be able to use that same link to automatically be added back to the team:

If you do get added back to any old teams, and it is a Free Plan team, then you could duplicate any board in that team, and then move the duplicate to your own team space.

And now that I had said all of this, I will add it as an option to my aforementioned article :)

@Colton Hensley

About a month or so ago, I shared that board by inviting in a third-party contractor in.

Depending on how you invited them, if you used the Copy team invite link, then you should in theory be able to use that same link to automatically be added back to the team:

If you do get added back to any old teams, and it is a Free Plan team, then you could duplicate any board in that team, and then move the duplicate to your own team space.

And now that I had said all of this, I will add it as an option to my aforementioned article :)

It’s a good recommendation! I tried what you had provided but think the board might be private now, making the link no longer working. 

@Colton Hensley 

It’s a good recommendation! I tried what you had provided but think the board might be private now, making the link no longer working. 

This is unfortunate. While I do not work for Miro, given the scenario, I do not see Miro being able to resolve this, even if you were to purchase a subscription.

When you left the team, were you prompted to create a new team space and now you only have one team space associated with your profile? For example:

If yes (you were only ever a member of one team until you left it), are you able to go way back to the first email from @miro.com or @notifications.miro.com with text like “has invited you to a team in Miro” to see if you can find why owned/is an admin of the team? Even if someone on the team set the board’s sharing setting to “Anyone with the link → Can view” and sent you a link, you could duplicate it - you would not have to be a member of the team at all. And, if they are willing to do so, but cannot see the board, then send them the board link so they can try to restore it from the Trash (note: the current board owner will be the only person who can do the restore).

You could also try searching for realtimeboard.com, in case you have actually be using it for longer than you recall.