Answered

I am unable to create a free team in Miro

• 13 June 2021
  • 5 replies

Hey,

I was invited to Miro to join a team by my client. I loved the tool and planned to explore more but I am unable to create a “free team”. I am always prompted to buy a plan if I try and add a team.

I am part of existing teams and can’t leave them, is there a way by which I can create my own team?

Thanks 

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 13 June 2021, 16:08

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jatin Singhal - Yes, there is a way. I just wish I could find one of the numerous posts where I have outlined the detailed steps on how to accomplish this.

Here is the short version - you can:

1. create another Miro account using a different email address and therefore a new Free Plan team, e.g., tempemail@gmail.com 
  2. as tempemail@gmail.com, add your current account (email) as a member to that new Free Plan team - do this from the Team profile settings → Active users → Invite new members link (top-right corner)

3. as tempemail@gmail.com, make this new member an admin of that team:

4. then, since you are now a Team Admin, you can delete tempemail@gmail.com from new team - this effectively ports over the newly create Free Plan team to your current account.

You could even do this over and over, amalgamating Free Plan teams under one Miro account profile.

Controlling Permissions on your new Free Plan team

Here is long reply where I detailed some information around team permissions:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/issues-with-user-management-and-access-once-a-plan-was-purchased-4968?postid=20923#post20923

I suggest that you set the following:

@Jatin Singhal - Yes, there is a way. I just wish I could find one of the numerous posts where I have outlined the detailed steps on how to accomplish this.

Here is the short version - you can:

1. create another Miro account using a different email address and therefore a new Free Plan team, e.g., tempemail@gmail.com 
  2. as tempemail@gmail.com, add your current account (email) as a member to that new Free Plan team - do this from the Team profile settings → Active users → Invite new members link (top-right corner)

3. as tempemail@gmail.com, make this new member an admin of that team:

4. then, since you are now a Team Admin, you can delete tempemail@gmail.com from new team - this effectively ports over the newly create Free Plan team to your current account.

You could even do this over and over, amalgamating Free Plan teams under one Miro account profile.

Controlling Permissions on your new Free Plan team

Here is long reply where I detailed some information around team permissions:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/issues-with-user-management-and-access-once-a-plan-was-purchased-4968?postid=20923#post20923

I suggest that you set the following:

It worked, thank you so much @Robert Johnson 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jatin Singhal - You're welcome 👍😁

Hello, 

Somehow my personal email was associated with a corporate team. I’ve tried leaving all teams but when I try to add a new team, I am continuously prompted to join the enterprise teams. 

I haven’t even worked at this company for years so I don’t have access. 

How can I create my own team and board? 

Thanks,

Michelle 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Michelle_M - I have seen this happen before. Snice you have no way to easily determine which subscription(s) you are still a full member of (which, from my experience, is likely an Enterprise subscription) or who one of the Company Admins are, I will convert your post into a support ticket - you should receive an email notification of this shortly.