How to manage tasks on the board?

• 15 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I use a white board in my office for my tasks, and I have another in the hallway for tasks I’m working on and have assigned.  Sometimes a task on either board is pending for waiting on someone else.

I’ve shared the board I created with the Deputy Chief and Admin Assistant, but I the board I’m using is not working the way I want.  I want to be able to put a task on the “Hallway Board”, and as users update what they are doing, I can see why the task is pending.  Plus it would give them space to add information such as reasons, phone numbers, contacts, etc.

I welcome any suggestions or ideas, and if anyone wants to call me to discuss and walk me through, that would be fine also.

Thanks,

Dave

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@David Abernathy -

Assuming you are on a paid plan, you can use the Kanban board for this purpose - the help desk article here provides more info about it: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022846473-Kanban

Kiron

Ok, knowing that and reviewing the links. . . is there a way I can share a single column to a person from the Kanban template, without sharing the whole template, or giving access to everyone to see what everyone else is working on?

Make sense?  Clear as mud?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@David Abernathy -

sorry, you’ll need to clarify. Are you trying to hide what others are working on from a person, or increasing visibility into what everyone is working on? The latter is a native benefit of the Kanban approach, whereas the former might require some workarounds.

If you can provide more details that would be great!

Kiron