How to manage tasks on the board?

• 15 June 2020
  • 3 replies

I use a white board in my office for my tasks, and I have another in the hallway for tasks I’m working on and have assigned.  Sometimes a task on either board is pending for waiting on someone else.

I’ve shared the board I created with the Deputy Chief and Admin Assistant, but I the board I’m using is not working the way I want.  I want to be able to put a task on the “Hallway Board”, and as users update what they are doing, I can see why the task is pending.  Plus it would give them space to add information such as reasons, phone numbers, contacts, etc.

I welcome any suggestions or ideas, and if anyone wants to call me to discuss and walk me through, that would be fine also.

Thanks,

Dave

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@David Abernathy -

sorry, you’ll need to clarify. Are you trying to hide what others are working on from a person, or increasing visibility into what everyone is working on? The latter is a native benefit of the Kanban approach, whereas the former might require some workarounds.

If you can provide more details that would be great!

Kiron

Ok, knowing that and reviewing the links. . . is there a way I can share a single column to a person from the Kanban template, without sharing the whole template, or giving access to everyone to see what everyone else is working on?

Make sense?  Clear as mud?

Thanks!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@David Abernathy -

Assuming you are on a paid plan, you can use the Kanban board for this purpose - the help desk article here provides more info about it: https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/360022846473-Kanban

Kiron