Answered

How to access Miro boards offline in Airplane Mode?

Userlevel 4

Hi!  I go off the grid every Monday and yesterday was my first day to evaluate which apps depend on the cloud.  Unfortunately, Miro doesn’t seem to deal with this scenario very gracefully:

How does Miro support offline use?   I’d like at the very least, be able to view my boards read-only and it would be a bonus to create new boards offline to be uploaded and seen by my team later.

icon

Best answer by mlanders 31 May 2020, 07:30

View original

29 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Jens Hein 

what is the point of the desktop app without this at all?

A few reasons:

• Miro will not be impacted by any installed browser extensions.
  • you can do all of your web browsing in the browser without impacting your Miro experience, e.g., many of us have multiple browser tabs/site open which eventually leads to everything slowing down.
  • There can be more Miro screen real estate - I always have my bookmarks bar exposed in Chrome, which isn’t present in the Miro desktop app.

Preparing for my first 11 hour flight since I adopted Miro for both, group collaboration and personal scrap booking. The lack of an offline mode really sucks. Already upvoted the wishlist item, and I hope it can get done soon.

This is a must-have. Please help to implement this.

Uhhhh why isn’t use even in read-only mode not part of core functionality? If I prepare a great presentation and then want to show it at a client site in a basement without wifi, they shouldn’t have to see “Reconnecting in 5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds” constantly. Not everyone requires updates & collaboration 100% of the time they’re using the app.