Skip to main content

Having to pay for a new Team?

• 4 September 2020
  • 9 replies

We provide training and have set up a team for each course we run. I just went in to create a new one and am asked to provide billing information for 2 users @ USD 10 each? I don’t understand. I thought we were paying for users already and they could be part of as many teams as they liked? 

Are we now also having to pay for each team even though the same licensed people are already in it? 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@andyvdg -

Unfortunately the Team plan only gives you one team. You can setup different projects within that team to segregate access to different users.

If you really want to have multiple teams then your only option is to go with the Consultant or Enterprise plans.

Kiron

Userlevel 3

I forgot to mention - we are on the Consultant plan.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@andyvdg -

That is very odd as we are on the Consultant plan and have set up multiple teams without ever being prompted in this manner. @Marina , any ideas as to why this would be happening?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

I’m afraid, no ideas without deeper investigation. This flow is not expected on the Consultant Plan.

@andyvdg, I will convert your original message to the support ticket so that the Support team can check the account details and ask further clarifying questions. They will get back to you via email

Userlevel 3

@Marina Thanks - I have already logged it: #197683 which includes a screen grab of what it looks like. 

Userlevel 3

Ok - got a reply from support. 

If you click the Create Team button on the main UI it does not check if you have a consultant account. It just assumes you want to buy a new team. :thinking:

I am pretty sure I always used the + here in the past - but I could be wrong. 

Instead you have to go through the company page and add a team from there. 

https://miro.com/app/settings/company/YOURID/teams

@Marina maybe you can add a feature request that just adds

if consultant == true
call company add team function

That certainly would make the main UI more usable for us on a consultant plan. :relaxed:

Thanks

Userlevel 3

@andyvdg thanks for your question and sharing the answer here.
As you’ve said on the Consultant plan organization admins can create as many teams they need in organization settings>teams.
The button on the team sidebar of the dashboard didn’t provide such ability before and is used to create new subscriptions. 
We’ll use your feedback to improve the experience.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@andyvdg, @Timm Shrago - There was another post around the same time as this one where another Consultant Plan admin got caught by this same scenario. I shared this post with them and it solved their issue.

Just now, as I was creating some documentation on how to create a new team, something caught my eye and I had to laugh as I thought about these two posts. 

@Timm Shrago - You may want to gather all of the top UX designers at Miro to closely study the proposed solution that I have outlined here:

https://community.miro.com/got-a-question-ask-the-community-45/consultant-plan-team-limit-1954?postid=8659#post8659

Userlevel 3

Hi @Robert Johnson and thank you for the Friday fun :)
We’ll probably solve the issue earlier than our designers would agree to such an articulate warning.