Skip to main content
Answered

Consultant Plan - team limit

• 10 September 2020
  • 9 replies

Hi Miro-ers,

I’m on a consultant plan and seem to have hit my limit in the number of teams I can create when trying to create a 10th team. Given we work with lots of different clients, and we generally create a Team for each to avoid privacy conflicts, this is a bit of a problem. Has anyone else encountered this arbitrary limit? 

I’m being asked for payment details as soon as I try to create a 10th team, even though we’re on a 15 seat/month consultant plan.

Here’s a screen grab:

Any ideas?

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mark Glenn -

That is odd. We are on a Consultant plan too and have well over ten teams and I don’t recall ever being prompted to pay again. @Marina , can you shed any light on this?

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Mark Glenn - From the screenshot, it looks like you are trying to create a Team Plan account:

This will happen if you perhaps inadvertently clicked the create a team “+” symbol that is directly under the vertical team list in your Miro dashboard rather than from the Company teams page:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

If that was the issue, you wouldn’t be the first :wink:

https://community.miro.com/got-a-question-ask-the-community-45/having-to-pay-for-a-new-team-1886

Userlevel 1
Badge

Thanks team, clicking the ‘+’ is exactly what I did as it seemed the most intuitive approach! Seems like an obvious fix for Team Miro. 

Gotta love this community. You folks rock. 

Much appreciated. 
M

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Mark Glenn@Kiron Bondale@Marina  - I had to laugh when I just noticed the following message as I was creating documentation on how to create a new team using the Add teams “+” symbol from the dashboard - the answer was there all along:

Perhaps further enhancement is required? :wink:

I just had this problem and was REALLY confused. The use of the same word, “Team” for different things is really confusing! Especially when I add a “Company Team” and it shows up in the vertical bar list of all my “Teams” and then there’s a “+” button under the list which intuitively says, “hey, click this button to add another one of these teams to your collection,” when in fact it does something totally different that requires payment?

Additionally, if I want to move a board from one “Team” to another, the dialog that appears says, “Move board to account” and “Choose an account”. So, which is it? A Team or an Account?

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Lisa deBettencourt:

Additionally, if I want to move a board from one “Team” to another, the dialog that appears says, “Move board to account” and “Choose an account”. So, which is it? A Team or an Account?

You can think of it this way:

• A Miro account/profile is uniquely identified by email address (a one-to-one relationship).
  • Then that Miro account can be bound/linked to an unlimited number of Teams (a one-to-many relationship).
  • And finally, a Team is bound/linked to one Miro Plan type - Free, Team, Business, Enterprise, Consultant, or Education (again, a one-to-one relationship).
  • And after I type all of that I realize that one Miro account could belong to multiple billings, e.g., I have a Consultant Plan that I pay for, but could surely could create a new team, e.g., Team Plan, and pay for that too.

And to illustrate this, my Miro account profile is currently associated with seven teams:

Well, @Robert Johnson I think my head just exploded! :joy:

The point I was making is that, seriously, it’s clear as mud. The language is inconsistent and the relationships (and corresponding UI elements) are not obvious.

For example, if that left side vertical nav bar contains “Teams” then shouldn’t I be able to add a new “Team” with the + button there and then choose if I want to make a brand new team in a brand new paid account or add it to an existing account? 

And if I want to move a board within my account from one Team to another, shouldn’t the dropdown say, “Move to team” and then the resulting dialog say, “Move board to Team” and “Choose a Team”, since the drop down list in the dialog contains a list of… teams?

And to make things slightly more confusing, there’s also a “Team” subscription plan that’s different than the Teams you set up inside your account. :grimacing:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Lisa deBettencourt 

For example, if that left side vertical nav bar contains “Teams” then shouldn’t I be able to add a new “Team” with the + button there and then choose if I want to make a brand new team in a brand new paid account or add it to an existing account?

When you click the Add teams (“+”) icon on the left side under the list of teams, as far as I know, there are only one option:

1. Create a new Team Plan team account.

But, if you are signed into Miro with a email address (account profile) that is attached to the billing profile(?) then you see a second (#2) option:

I suspect that if you want to create any other sort of plan, then you would need to contact sales.

Miro has been growing rapidly and perhaps the new account/plan process could use some love.