Frame Export Malfunction - Content Staggered

• 26 January 2022
  • 5 replies

I am trying to export four different frames I have created for my board. When doing so, the content within my frame is pushed down and to the side in my export, leaving a lot of blank space and some of my content completely outside my exported frame. I exported this exact board yesterday and it worked fine. I tried creating new boards with frames, but these had the same problem when exporting.

I have tried both exporting a single frame and the whole board. I have also tried exporting both from safari, chrome, and the mac app. I have tried restarting my iMac or changing the computers resolution. Nothing helps.

I can enlarge my frame to a point where everything is included, but it will be so small in the export that its unusable. The weirdest thing is that the presentation mode displays my frames perfectly.

I was really excited when I found Miro, as it seemed like the perfect set of features for my company’s workflow. But a problem like this honestly renders the application totally useless.

Any idea as to what might be going wrong? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Mathias Skaarup Schmidt -

You mention that it worked fine yesterday so it seems like either something has changed in the board which is causing this issue or there is a general issue with exports. 

Does this happen with all export options or just with one format?

Kiron

@Mathias Skaarup Schmidt -

You mention that it worked fine yesterday so it seems like either something has changed in the board which is causing this issue or there is a general issue with exports. 

Does this happen with all export options or just with one format?

Kiron

It happens both when exporting the whole board and individual frames. In the frames tap (the one you open in the bottom menu), the thumbnails/previews are also buggy.

I also assumed something was wrong with this very board, but when creating a completely new board the same problem occurs.

Hi! I just posted to a similar thread, but also wanted to jump in here because this is what I’ve been experiencing as well. I was not having issues yesterday, but have run into trouble exporting as of this morning. I’ve also tried creating new boards, recreating and reframing my content, etc and haven't had any luck.

Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Here is the other thread where I converted @FrancescaI‘s reply into a Miro support ticket:

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/jpg-exports-to-blank-page-7127

Again, @FrancescaI, if you could please update your post with any news from Miro support (and the resolution) it would be appreciated!

@Mathias Skaarup Schmidt - You may want to leave a reply or subscribe to the other post.

My exports work again now. I hope the problem has been fixed for the rest of you as well.