Answered

Blurry images

• 25 August 2020
  • 34 replies

Userlevel 1

Some PDFs and JPEGs which are 300 or sometimes 600px resolution that I upload are blurry at any magnification. What to do? : )

icon

Best answer by Kiron Bondale 25 August 2020, 22:36

View original

34 replies

anything new on this, I am having this problem with a pdf.  It is unsuable and I will need to enter all that data and flow charting in by hand?  Thats a BIG job!

Is there a fix?

Peoples.  I imported my pdf to gimp (latest version) got the image as crisp as I could, exported as a png on the highest quality I can and then imported to Miro.  This has helped I don’t get the missing bits of text any more.  The png is bigger on import than the pdf and could probably be even bigger with the right amount of mucking around in gimp.  I can zoom in, but getting in really close then makes the image a bit on the blurry side.  It’s enough to fix my problem for tomorrow.

It is only 1 x 1 page PDF, so not too much mucking around.  Not a real work around for multiple documents though :(

anything new on this, I am having this problem with a pdf.  It is unsuable and I will need to enter all that data and flow charting in by hand?  Thats a BIG job!

Is there a fix?

Me too

Same issue please help!

same issue on my end.  would be nice for miro to publish fix.

Happening for me too - only a recent event of the last few months.   Uploading pdf’s and ppt’s before then viewed perfectly.  Now it’s the same grainy twinkling in and out as the above images.

I have the same issue: pdf looks like this:

This is the closest to my issue. As I’m zooming in and out, it’s relatively clear, then when I stop, the image becomes more distorted. This distortion is random, and different every time I zoom out then in. This does not happen with images or native Miro elements, but does happen with PDFs and PPTs.

I have the same issue. Since several month. Please help

Hello! I need help in exporting one board from an upgraded member. I am not having fund to upgrade but worked on a board extensively to visualize my youth work. It is a non-profit youth work related research and any help in exporting in high quality will be greatly appreciated and I shall be ever thankful to you for this. Please help me as the board concludes my 7 years of work. 

Here is the board: 

This is the closest to my issue. As I’m zooming in and out, it’s relatively clear, then when I stop, the image becomes more distorted. This distortion is random, and different every time I zoom out then in. This does not happen with images or native Miro elements, but does happen with PDFs and PPTs.

I’m having the same issue here as of yesterday. Blurry PDF’s that also make the navigation on Miro board jagged and jumpy, smooth zoom and pan is lost. If I delete the PDF it reverts to smooth navigation again. Perhaps another post about this. 

I thought it was at the Software Authoring the PDF (ArchiCAD) but other pdf’s from there are fine. I tried the Open in Preview export as PDF option too to re-author it but this same pdf still gives issues. 

May try PDF to SVG vector as workaround in InkScape. 

Is there any reaction on this issue? This is my first task on Miro ever and I’m about to shut it down forever… 

Userlevel 1

Having the same issue. Dissapointed that this hasn’t been addressed

Users on i pad are reporting same problem here also.

Same problem here on the iPad either in the app or the web. 

I’m also having blurry images on MacBook Pro, using the app. Makes Miro quite unusable :(

You can try upload as jpg, png or screenshots copy see if it works. 

It seems this is a recent problem. Two months back, I could infinitely zoom into a vectorized pdf or svg without any issues.

Same problem. I don’t know if this is solved elsewhere, but would be great to include a solution on this thread which is the first google hit for this issue.

… The issue of blurriness when pasting Powerpoint slides persists (for me at least). 

Has anyone found a solution besides pasting from PDF versions?

OK, after quite a bit of fiddling, I have determined that the workaround is to zoom the __ in - like to see only 1/4th of the slide in my full window, and it will then properly resolve/load up.  At least now I know what to tell the clients if they can’t read the slides.

@Miro, the issue is that if I load up a board and it includes PDFs that take up a portion of the window, Miro is set to only serve up a low res - FPO? image, requiring me to zoom in WAY too much in order to get the full resolution to load up.  

I understand the idea of serving up only what is needed, but these - break points? are set completely wrong for me.  Let’s please remember we all now have high speed internet - this seems set at “Mid 90s DSL internet as seen on a VGA display” when I have Gig and a 4k.  Literally not serving them up so they can be read (until after zooming in, then fine).  This should be enough to make it very clear what the issue is, and I would be happy to provide any other information in order to make this “real” for Miro’s support and thus get this into the pipeline for a fix.

same issue this morning. please advise...

Same here.  Put PDFs of slides in yesterday evening, looked fine - high res & crispy.  This morning they are burry even after a refresh tab.  Working off the app on MacBook Pro using 10.15.7 (19H524).  I get latency but this has been 15 minutes now.

I have a workshop today with clients, and it would be lovely to have something to tell them when the slides don’t resolve for them - this thread seems to suggest there is nothing.  

I literally can not read text.

Feature request: Contextual menu selection that allows one to refresh just the import highlighted (bonus: multiple at a time).  Or just fix the latency (is it latency if it never seems to resolve?)

I have the same issue since this morning when pasting PowerPoint Slides. It has not happened before but now nothing seems to fix the blurriness.

I have the same issues as well

PPT
PNG
PNG FROM REMO