Answered

Auto Update Embedded Images?

• 5 February 2021
  • 1 reply

For interaction design, MIRO is a great tool for presenting screen designs in a workflow layout for team feedback.

After a team review, I have lots of changes to make to my screens. To get the newly updated screens onto my MIRO board, I have to manually replace each updated image in the workflow one at a time.

Is there a way to embed images into MIRO with a URL in such a way that when I update my images where they are hosted, the original images are automatically replaced with the revised images via URL when the MIRO board is refreshed?

icon

Best answer by Robert Johnson 5 February 2021, 18:55

View original

This topic has been closed for comments

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@docroach - Unfortunately this is not currently possible using out-of-the-box functionality in Miro.

A few options are:

iFrame

You could embed an image using basic iFrame HTML code, however, the image won’t display by default (without even more work of setting up an actual page to host the file along with Open Graph meta tags - Google it). In order for the user to see the image, they would have to click the “play” icon. To try it, follow the insetructions in the Embedding Media to Boards Help Centre article using this iFrame code:

<iframe src="https://i.picsum.photos/id/237/200/300.jpg?hmac=TmmQSbShHz9CdQm0NkEjx1Dyh_Y984R9LpNrpvH2D_U"></iframe>

To have the image change, you would then replace the “300.jpg” file with another image with the same name.

Miro Developer Platform

It may be possible to create a custom a web-plugin to accomplish your desired outcome using the Miro Developer Platform. You would would probably want someone with a development background to review the developer platform documentation.

Wish List Idea

Add this as an Idea in the Wish List category by following the guidelines here: Wish List: Everything You Need to Know. If you do create a Wish List Idea post, I would also recommend that you post a link to it back here, so that future readers of this post can quickly get to and vote for your Idea.