All tools have disappeared from the boards!

• 7 December 2021
  • 26 replies

Hi everyone!

I’ve been experiencing the same problem for approximately a week now: I can’t choose any other tools apart form the pointer on the boards! I used to swipe up/down to pick a pen or any other tool, but now it just won’t move.

I use a browser version.

I’m really confused because the only thing I can do now is paste pictures and move them. Very frustrating..

Please, help!:sweat_smile:

26 replies

Hey @Robert Johnson and @Will Tompkins,

The fix for the issue you reported was applied. Please make sure to refresh any page where the affected boards are still open for it to work. Let me know how it works for you after the refresh!

Yep, just confirmed fix in both Safari and Firefox. Thank you.

Grateful for the quick response.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Things are back to normal 😊

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

The fix for the issue you reported was applied. Please make sure to refresh any page where the affected boards are still open for it to work. Let me know how it works for you after the refresh!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Thanks for your reports! This issue is unrelated to the one that was initially discussed in this thread, but the team is already aware and looking into it. I'll keep you posted on the progress here. Please bear with us! 

Thanks, @Alyona. I had just created ticket 439265 as you were replying.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Thanks for your reports! This issue is unrelated to the one that was initially discussed in this thread, but the team is already aware and looking into it. I'll keep you posted on the progress here. Please bear with us! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Will Tompkins - I am seeing the same thing in a board in  Team Plan team when using Firefox, but only on boards in some plans/subscriptions. In my example below, this board is in a Team Plan subscription:

https://miro.com/app/board/uXjVOqgLWWM=/

What I am seeting:

When I open the board’s Share settings, I noticed this slight change:

I will open a support ticket to share this feedback (I also did so using the “Send feedback” in the screenshot above).

The menu icons at the top and left sides —indeed, everywhere, and for any miro board — have disappeared. If I hover my mouse over the area I can detect that the tool link is there, but there are no visuals anywhere.

It should be noted that this is the case on Safari as well as Firefox, but not so for Brave, which, at least for the moment, is working as expected. 

For me it changed when I reduced the apps window size: the menu went from bottom of the screen to the left and then there was the pen again..

..and 2 video adaptors. On both the same problem:

Ah, I see.

Left diplay: 1920*1080 Iiyama-82779qqs

Right display: 5120*1440 Philips-498P

Hope it helps!  It change after I changed from ‘full screen’ to ‘partial screen’ → the menu moved to the left instead on bottom.

Hein

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

@Hein de Jong, I get it that the monitors aren't interactive, what I was referring to is that our system has treated them as one. I'm glad to hear the pen is back for you, but still curious if you could share with us the models of those monitors so we could look into this case further. 

Haha, I didn't say I have an interactive monitor, because I don't have one. Both monitors are just monitors without touch screen capabilities.

However, the pen back, great. Bug fixed apparently!

Thank you !

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Hein de Jong,

The fix for the bug I mentioned was released. I checked with the team and they said it should help you even if you are using an external monitor and not an interactive display. At the same time, we would like to understand why you got the interactive display experience on the regular monitor. Would you be able to specify which devices you are using as additional monitors? 

Hi @Alyona I do not have an interactive display. I do have 2 displays (normal monitors). I use the Miro-app. The (limited, without pen-tool) toolbar is on the bottom. Pen toolbar is not accesible in the long app-list. I am using Windows 11.

On my laptop, also the Miro-app, but toolbar on the left. Windows 10.

Contact me if you need more info.

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Hein de Jong,

Thanks for reporting this! 

I'm afraid there is an existing bug that affects interactive displays only. The team is already working on a fix. I'll be sure to let you know in this thread once the fix is released. Please bear with us!

Doesn't work for me neither. The pen disappeared. These are the only tools I can see; no pen in the dropdown menu..

Help..!

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hey @Shannon M,

Could you please try the following way of searching for the pen tool:

I’ve also lost the Pen tool (including lasso, highlighter, eraser, etc) from the toolbar. 

I’m running the Windows version 2.1.7.0

Need this back ASAP as it’s all we use Miro for...

Userlevel 4
Badge +3

!!! @Robert Johnson @Henrik Ståhl @Adrien Painturier 
The same problem as me! 

@Robert Johnson Yes, apparently I have the new UI beta:smiley:

@Eva27 Thank you!!

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi Polina!

Since you have tried most possible troubleshooting steps already, we believe we will have to take a closer look to get to the bottom of this!

To this end we have converted your post into a support ticket - our support team will be in touch with you via email soon! :love_letter:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Polina Isaeva - As this is likely effecting other users, can you confirm that you have the new UI beta? It looks like you may as I believe those double chevrons are new.

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

@Polina Isaeva -

If you click the double right arrows at the bottom of the toolbar does that show you the Apps panel with the missing tools and allow you to drag them back?

If not, I’d recommend opening a support request with Miro here: Submit a request – Miro Support & Help Center

Kiron

@Polina Isaeva -

Are you the owner of the boards? Is it possible that the owner has removed your edit access to them? Can you try using a different Miro access method (e.g. incognito browser, different browser or Miro desktop app)?

Kiron

@Kiron Bondale 

Kiron, thank you for your answer! Yes, I’m the owner of the boards, I’ve tried to log in and out several times, reset and change my password, incognito mode, a different browser (normally I use Google Chrome) - nothing works

I really need the browser version to work :(