Idea

Locking everything but writing

• 26 February 2021
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

I run brainstorms in Miro and have new users coming in all the time. They are usually not tech savvy and have challenges navigating. 

I’d love if I could set up the boards with blank posits and lock everything BUT the writing, so they can write, but not move, resize anything, just write their idea. 

4 replies

This is really something that would increase the usability of miro and other requests have been made. Hope that the developers listen to the users!

I wholeheartedly second this idea. It would be great if board privileges could include a “switch” so that everything on the board EXCEPT the post-its either becomes locked, or unlocked. 

Badge +1

I run brainstorms in Miro and have new users coming in all the time. They are usually not tech savvy and have challenges navigating. 

I’d love if I could set up the boards with blank posits and lock everything BUT the writing, so they can write, but not move, resize anything, just write their idea. 

I totally agree, I would really need the option to lock the structure of what you created but leave the writing open to defined objects!

Badge +1

This also causes issues with Zapier,  I will lock a Google Sheet so it will not move but then Zapier can not update or change any of the setting because it is locked.  Having it functionally unlocked but locked Position-ly would be much less frustrating.