Idea

Increase column limit for grids

• 20 October 2020
  • 5 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge

Hello!

I would really appreciate if the maximum number of columns in grids was increased. 

I need this for a pull planning session where I need to plan many weeks a head.

Martin

5 replies

Userlevel 2

As a scrum master, during planning sessions I want to keep track of the number of story points in an iteration. I split my iterations into swimlanes depending on groups of stories. 

I would love (!!) it if there were some way of keeping track of a count of story points, but this would mean configuring post its to include a number of some description (which I miagine would not work)…

So - I was thinking that if the grid tool were to have the option to add a “number” column” with a Total footer, that would be really cool. We could put in a number (counted from the postits) and this could be totalled at the bottom in a total value in the footer.

I too would like to see the maximum number of columns in grids increased. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +14

@Martin Holøymoen -

A workaround would be to duplicate one 15x15 grid and keep it side-by-side with the original one. That way, it’d have the same formatting…

Kiron

Userlevel 2
Badge

Indeed, that is the workaround I`m currently using, @Kiron Bondale. The problem is that I do a weekly update of the plan. Often I have to adjust e.g. hight of the rows in the grid. When I do this, it must be done for all the grids that I`ve put side-by-side. It`s not very efficient. 

Userlevel 1

MVP basic arithmetic operations addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division between grid cells.  Sum total.

Nice to have:  average, greatest, count, etc.

Very useful as we are using Miro for the capacity planning board.