Smart Diagramming now available on Consultant and Education plans!

• 16 December 2021
  • 18 replies

Userlevel 6

Hello community,

Our all-in-one diagram maker is one of the most commonly used solutions to align teams, create diagrams, and manage tasks, all in one tool. Now, we want to make it even easier for Consultant and Education plans to create advanced diagrams by offering you our Smart Diagramming solution. 

Starting December 16, all customers on our Consultant and Education plans will have full access to our Smart Diagramming solution, including several advanced shape packs (AWS, Azure, BPMN, Cisco and Data Flow). Customers on Business and Enterprise plans already have access to this solution. For more information about our plans, visit our plan page. 

Want to know more? Check out our mapping and diagramming help center for all kinds of tips, tricks, and resources to improve your diagramming process. 

Happy diagramming,
Turner and the Miro team

18 replies

Userlevel 1

That’s good news @Turner Pijpers , thank you!

Will this upgrade apply to Miro Professional Network plan too?

Thanks,

Sebastian

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@SebastianC - There Consultant Plan is a part of the Miro Professionals Network program, so yes it is included. 

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403382042258-Miro-Professional-Network

Userlevel 1

Thank you, @Robert Johnson !

That’s awesome!! Thanks a ton for actively listening to the community and showing commitment to individual customers! Way to go!!!

Userlevel 7
Badge +6

Great to see that our collective feedback helped to get the right decision made!

Kiron

Userlevel 7
Badge +5

… and the consultants rejoice!! 
🥳✊

… 

ok consultants… let’s get to work! We better see some SMART diagrams posted back here soon!

Let the diagrams ROAR!  

I’m still very frustrated with this change. We’ve been on the team plan for a year and we almost exclusively use Miro for AWS diagrams, to have that feature yanked from under us. 

We simply can’t justify paying $20 per person, that is more that Slack, Google Workspace and Notion combined. 

To make things worst we paid the annual subscription for our team, thanks for the lemon.

@Turner Pijpers hello!

When do you expect to extend BPMN elements library?
Catch and throw events, non-interrupting events?
A feature to change element’s text position instead of the only ‘below element’ default state.

Thank you!

Hi

I started testing the BPMN template for Miro, and I am a bit surprised that it seems to be lacking most of BPMN elements. I can only see the ones in the screenshot below:

So, take for example one of the main advantages of using BPMN Vs using a simple flowchart: the ability to use different types of gateways (exclusive, parallel, complex) , different types of events (message, signal, timer, etc...). But from what I can see in Miro, there´s only one type of gateway (the exclusive one) , only one type of start event, intermediate event, etc…

What happened to all the other symbols, which are the ones that compound the main benefits of using BPMN? Am I missing something?

Thanks

Userlevel 6

Hi @Pavel Pronin and @David Garcia Cortes,

Thanks for your questions and feedback. I’ve added a screenshot showing where you can find the symbols. Once you’ve created a BPMN shape the editing panel appears and you can add symbols. Let me know if you find anything missing still.

Happy diagramming,

Turner 

Hi @Turner Pijpers ,

Thank you for the above reply.

Kindly check my questions carefully as it seems to me that you made an answer for @David Garcia Cortes question, not mine.

Thanks and regards,

Pavel

Hi Turner. Great, I can see the options now.

Thanks for your help

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Turner Pijpers - I used the built-in “Send feedback” feature from a Swimlane object, but since I cannot include screenshots/GIFs/etc., I will share some feedback here:

1. When I select a connection line with no text, I just want to start typing - no double-click or use the “text” action required.
  2. I need a “switch type” for diagram shapes. e.g., I added a Terminator symbol but later want to change it to a Decision symbol.
  3. When I am adding a new symbol below the current one which is in a Swinlane object, AND there is another lane/row below it, then I expect the shape to be created in the lane below, e.g.:

This goes beyond diagramming objects - in general, I find the space between the two objects being created (when creating a new one with a line automatically connecting them, i.e., using the blue arrow) to be too far. If I immediately drag it back closer to the parent/source object, please remember this distance when I create a new object using these “auto shape/blue arrow-thingy).

Userlevel 6

@Robert Johnson thank you for sharing clear request. I’ve passed it on to the team and will keep the Community informed on this topic. The easiest way to do this would be to start a new thread, would you mind doing this? Thank you!

Best,

Turner 

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Robert Johnson thank you for sharing clear request. I’ve passed it on to the team and will keep the Community informed on this topic. The easiest way to do this would be to start a new thread, would you mind doing this? Thank you!

Best,

Turner 

@Turner Pijpers - Done:

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Turner Pijpers - I noticed that when I lock diagram shapes, anyone (team members, Guests, and Visitors) can still modify color, font, font size, font color, etc. Is this expected? I don’t see any mention of this in the help center article:

https://help.miro.com/hc/en-us/articles/4403634496402-Miro-for-mapping-diagramming

Example:

I added you to the above board as a Guest, so you can see this for yourself. If this it a bug, let me know and I will open a help desk ticket.

Userlevel 2

SUGGESTION : Please add a VIDEO DEMO on this page. I don’t want to READ. I want to WATCH.

https://community.miro.com/ask-the-community-45/education-plan-users-no-longer-have-access-to-premium-diagramming-shapes-e-g-bpmn-8955