Change the backgrounds colors of your boards 🎨👩‍🎨

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi Community, by popular request, you can now give your boards a makeover by changing background colors!

If you crave comfort, dive into the depths of dark grey or black, where productivity thrives amidst a mysterious ambiance. Or, for those seeking a more vibrant personal touch, infuse your boards with a kaleidoscope of pastel hues of light blue, violet, purple, pink, yellow, or green.

Let your imagination run wild and watch as your boards come alive!

💬 Have you tested out this update yet? As always, we would love to hear your feedback and comments in the thread below—your valuable input is greatly appreciated!

Manouska J 1 month ago

Hey Community!

How have you been enjoying the new background colors? For those who haven’t tested this new feature yet, see the quick steps below:

How to change your board background color

1. Click the Main menu hamburger icon in the top-left of the board
2. Go to Board > Background Color
3. Choose your desired background color

💬 Which board colors are you using? Do you have any other feedback for our team about this feature? Let us know in the comments below!

View original

12 replies

Not bad, but I am definitely feeling the need for additional shades of gray!

I am currently copy-pasting chunks of Figma mockups where their backgrounds are exactly the Light gray (#F2F2F2) and White (#FFFFFF) colours from the Miro dropdown.

My current workaround is to add borders to images, which is good enough.

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

Not bad, but I am definitely feeling the need for additional shades of gray!

I am currently copy-pasting chunks of Figma mockups where their backgrounds are exactly the Light gray (#F2F2F2) and White (#FFFFFF) colours from the Miro dropdown.

My current workaround is to add borders to images, which is good enough.

Agreed! There's a Light Gray and a Dark Gray, so there's definitely room for a Gray (or a Just Gray).

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Nice idea! Thank you @Martin Funcich and @Robert Johnson for the feedback on more grey tones for background colors and adding drop shadows to images. Sharing your use case of wanting to give your images more contrast against the board helps us to better understand the outcomes you’re trying to achieve. I’ve passed on your feedback and use case with the product team for consideration. 

Userlevel 3

Hi @Kristin  I've been really enjoying the background colours - they've mostly removed the need to put large locked coloured rectangles behind content, plus the colour choices are really appealing, many thanks on that front! 

A few improvements from my side would be:

1. That when you copy a board, the specified background colour copies with it
  2. That you can designate your own colour for the backgrounds so they fit into a specific brand styles, or the colours of the graphics used on the canvas.

Thanks for listening!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Martin Funcich - It looks like at least one more gray was added:

Before -> After

Userlevel 6
Badge +1

Hi @Lucie A, Thanks for your positive feedback on the background colors – I'm thrilled they're enhancing your experience. Your suggestions are really great, and I’ve passed your feedback regarding copying board backgrounds and custom brand colors on to the product team. Your input helps us improve!

And, good spotting there @Robert Johnson!

I need green in order to have opportunity to make it transparent during meetings and streaming… while the client can easily work with his own background color not seeing green background (now I can only make green Frames — it’s ok for streaming, but not for client to collaborate during meeting.. 

Userlevel 1

I would really love a darker green.
My eyes tend to ache with the white background. the light green colour is a big improvement.

But I would love a slightly darker green that is closer to a board in a classroom. (I will write in white colour in it).

It would be an eye saver for long teaching days :)

Userlevel 1

I love the background colour that the youtuber Hans Amble is using in his videos

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

@Kristin - I have been loving the new Collab Cream beige for all of my frame’s and would LOVE it as a board background colour!

Userlevel 7
Badge +3

Hey Community!

How have you been enjoying the new background colors? For those who haven’t tested this new feature yet, see the quick steps below:

How to change your board background color

1. Click the Main menu hamburger icon in the top-left of the board
2. Go to Board > Background Color
3. Choose your desired background color

💬 Which board colors are you using? Do you have any other feedback for our team about this feature? Let us know in the comments below!

Userlevel 7
Badge +12

I have found myself using

1. Light Blue
  2. Light Yellow
  3. Dark Gray ← I‘m using this on my Just a timer board (go ahead and make a copy – you’re welcome 😀)
  4. Black

I’ll repeat what I said in a previous reply, but I would love Miro’s new Collab Cream beige (#FBF7EF) as a board background colour!